PDA

View Full Version : Hitman 2 doesn't run

coolguy
09-25-03, 01:53 AM
I installed Hitman 2 Silent Assasin from the CD. It installed perfectly. But after installation the game simply doesn't run. The mouse cursor changes to a spining CD and after some time it goes back to an arrow.

There are no error messages either during installation or when trying to run the game. The pc doesn't hang, it just comes out of the game.

I have tried running it under Dx8.1 as well as Dx9. I am using Winxp pro and a XFX GF4 Ti4200 card.

marqmajere
09-25-03, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by coolguy
I installed Hitman 2 Silent Assasin from the CD. It installed perfectly. But after installation the game simply doesn't run. The mouse cursor changes to a spining CD and after some time it goes back to an arrow.

There are no error messages either during installation or when trying to run the game. The pc doesn't hang, it just comes out of the game.

I have tried running it under Dx8.1 as well as Dx9. I am using Winxp pro and a XFX GF4 Ti4200 card.

Did you look for a patch?

Smokey
09-25-03, 03:04 AM
EDITed for incorrect info :p

see below

Smokey
09-25-03, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by marqmajere
Did you look for a patch?

O yeah there is a patch actually :rofl and coming to think of it, I think I did need to install it to get the game to run or something :p

Dont mind me, Ive just woken up ;)

try here (http://support.eidosinteractive.com/GI/CustomerSupport/FaqSearchResults.jsp?problemType=13&searchText=&game=88&platform=3)

stupid thing is, I couldnt find the patch on the offical site :rolleyes:

Pafet
09-25-03, 05:47 AM
There was a problem with old soundcards I think. Try lowering the hardware acceleration in the sound control panel. Worked for me :)

saturnotaku
09-25-03, 07:15 AM

That's a problem with the copy protection. It's what happens when SecuROM New thinks the CD in the drive is not the original. Are you sure the CD is the original and not a backup?

marqmajere
09-25-03, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
That's a problem with the copy protection. It's what happens when SecuROM New thinks the CD in the drive is not the original. Are you sure the CD is the original and not a backup?

Doesn't UT 2003 do that as well?

saturnotaku
09-25-03, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by marqmajere
Doesn't UT 2003 do that as well?

Not with the 2225 patch because Epic removed the requirement that CD-1 be in the drive. Prior to that, yes it did. Other notable games that use SecuROM new: Lord of the Rings, NOLF2, GTA: Vice City, Midnight Club II. I'm sure there are a bevy of others, but those are the big ones that everyone in the CD Freaks forums talked about when this copy protection first hit the scene.

coolguy
09-26-03, 10:08 AM
I installed the patch but the game still doesn't run.

Smokey
09-26-03, 10:44 AM
I installed the patch but the game still doesn't run.

Hmm maybe now try a no cd crack?