PDA

View Full Version : Old-ish school action

Vash
09-26-03, 11:04 AM
This may sound stupid, but I'm trying to locate the Quake 3 Test 1.08 (I think that's the version number)...any ideas where I might find it? It's for a nostalgia - styled LAN party that I'm trying to put together (Half-Life DM, an older version of Counterstrike if I can find it, Shogo, Quake 3, the original UT, etc...) and if we could find the 2nd generation Q3 Test, that would be perfect - as me and the guys played more of the test than the actual demo.

digitalwanderer
09-26-03, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Vash
This may sound stupid, but I'm trying to locate the Quake 3 Test 1.08 (I think that's the version number)...any ideas where I might find it? It's for a nostalgia - styled LAN party that I'm trying to put together (Half-Life DM, an older version of Counterstrike if I can find it, Shogo, Quake 3, the original UT, etc...) and if we could find the 2nd generation Q3 Test, that would be perfect - as me and the guys played more of the test than the actual demo.
Is that the one with the hammer?

Vash
09-26-03, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Is that the one with the hammer?

I don't think so... it's got the same 3 maps that the demo has, but they're in earlier form - everything isn't as polished looking.

Googling this so far is getting me a lot of dead links (to be expected).

BTW...I checked it out, the file is called Q3Test and the version I'm hunting for is 1.08.

Vash
09-26-03, 11:17 AM
Holy crap! I actually found a live link! Woohoo! :jumping:

saturnotaku
09-26-03, 12:17 PM
If that link doesn't work, try poking around Id's FTP server. I'm pretty sure they have the old version up there. And I thought 1.08 only had q3dm17 on it?

nVidi0t
09-26-03, 01:05 PM
Mind sharing that link Vash? :)

Vash
09-26-03, 01:11 PM
Here's the link:

ftp.bluesnews.com/idstuff/quake3/win32/q3test_win32_1_08.exe

I'm pretty sure that 1.08 had 3 maps - Longest Yard, the one where Haz kept falling into the lava (Sat knows what I'm talking about), and another one that I can't remember at all. Sorry for those who don't understand what I'm talking about; I should have more description, but I don't.

Ah yes: an id doesn't have the Q3tests on their servers anymore.

saturnotaku
09-26-03, 01:15 PM
OK, I think it was 1.06 that only had the Longest Yard. 1.08 has that map, a Q3Tourney one and the Hazard does a backflip map. I thought you wanted to get the really old Q3 test, where you could only play as Visor on the Longest Yard.

I have the full version we can use for that weekend, but if we use the demo you have to play as "John Romero's Left Nut" :D

nVidi0t
09-26-03, 01:20 PM
I was a Q3 Test addict.. I never thought Q3 would still be my primary online FPS by the end of 2003, and it still is.

ID Owns!!

Vash
09-26-03, 01:21 PM
Damn straight we're using the demo! And "John Romero's Left Nut" will definitely be making an appearance. ;)

nVidi0t
09-26-03, 01:29 PM
Vash, the link is b0rked :(

Vash
09-26-03, 02:07 PM
Try this (http://q3a.gamehelp.com/q3test/). Scroll down to the longer list on the page and select the "ftp.bluesnews.com" link. That's worked for me twice today so far.

nVidi0t
09-26-03, 02:30 PM
Great, that worked :D

Game maybe?

Vash
09-26-03, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by nVidi0t
Great, that worked :D

Game maybe?

Absolutely! But...it'll have to be in about a month or so. Right now, I've only got dialup on my wife's PC. But next month there will be broadband, so I'm thinking that some Q3Test would be great.