PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Academy...What is your opinion??

Sotos
09-27-03, 03:50 PM
Hi

well i saw the demo of these Very good game but i would like to learn more from someone who has already the Original

I maybe buy it but i would like your opinion

Does it deserves the money or is just nothing so specail as it sawed in DEMO

I prefer more mature type games but i maybe buy it...It leaved me with a nice experience these DEMO
I wonder if the Original is really good

AthlonXP1800
09-27-03, 08:03 PM
I have the full game, it brilliant game with all the options maximum on, I experienced no problem with the game, performance are great with the glow effect enabled and no shuttering. I noticed you have Radeon 9800 Pro, you will have problems with the game shuttering and it do not run very well with glow effect enabled on Radeon 9800 Pro, it took very huge performance hit, recommend to disabled it to give good performance.

Sazar
09-27-03, 08:19 PM
I just finished it... quite good...

I played light side most the way... its easier.. I tried dark side when I had to make the choice and it is harder...

anyways.. the kewl thing is the light sabre selection...

I went with the sabre staff... gonna try again with a dual sabre setup...

btw... I played with everything maxed @ 1600x1200... minor stutter in some areas (low fps... blame my cpu for that) but other than that looks lovely... did not notice issues with glow effect so I dunno what thats about...

AthlonXP1800
09-27-03, 08:31 PM
Yeah I completed the game with the light side, it brilliant. Now I will have a try playing the dark side. :D

digitalwanderer
09-27-03, 08:55 PM
I really enjoyed the game and am finding it has some good replay value too since you can pick different paths/styles thru the game, as well as make different charecters to paly too.

After playing it thru the first time light I'm going the second time thru dark, but they let me start the second time with dual sabres! :D (I'm going for the staff this time. ;) )

I think it's a brilliant game, definately a "must get" if you liked the other Jedi games. :)

Riptide
09-27-03, 09:27 PM
This game looks like the perfect thing to hold me over until I get halo. I'm going by best buy tonight and get a copy. :)

Sazar
09-27-03, 10:49 PM
meh... after a really good start it got so repetitive @ the end...

its like the developers thought... lets just let them fight light sabre battles... that'll be so much fun...

um.. can anyone say OVERKILL ?

its well fun for 3/4's of the game and I was so psyched when I got to design my own light sabre... :) but then it was just the same crap again and again...

the ending reminded me a heck of a lot of the old Jedi knight : dark forces or whatever...

concerning light sabres... i prefer the sabre staff to the otheres :) it has some kewl moves.. the list is teh longest and IMO the staff is a better weapon than any of the other 2...

personally I felt a letdown after finishing it... but it is certainly a really good game to start with... :)

finishing it by going to the dark side is quite interesting and carries far more action... but find out for yourself :)

multiplayer is really buggy... keeps crashing all over the place... :(

Sotos
09-28-03, 06:34 AM
So according all your Opinions

It's a good game (better from the latest SW MOVIES)

So i guess i am going to buy it :)

Some of my favourite games will not released soon (Hl2 - Deus ex 2 etc)

So HALO and Jedi academy will be a Nice TIMEBRAKE for a 1st and 3d person action games until the REAL BIG GAMES arive

Edit: According 9800pro and jedi academy DEMO yes i noticed a serious problem exists that KILL the performance

BUt i think Lucas will release a patch (if not done it already) and with Catal 3.8 these problem will be solved or minimized

Sazar
09-28-03, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Sotos
So according all your Opinions

It's a good game (better from the latest SW MOVIES)

So i guess i am going to buy it :)

Some of my favourite games will not released soon (Hl2 - Deus ex 2 etc)

So HALO and Jedi academy will be a Nice TIMEBRAKE for a 1st and 3d person action games until the REAL BIG GAMES arive

Edit: According 9800pro and jedi academy DEMO yes i noticed a serious problem exists that KILL the performance

BUt i think Lucas will release a patch (if not done it already) and with Catal 3.8 these problem will be solved or minimized

you better hope they release a patch for online play as well...

:)

Sotos
09-28-03, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Sazar
you better hope they release a patch for online play as well...

:)

Lucas arts always releases patches for it's games

I hope is about better compatibility with ATi

I do not care about Online gaming so much

Nephilim
09-28-03, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Sazar

concerning light sabres... i prefer the sabre staff to the otheres :) it has some kewl moves.. the list is teh longest and IMO the staff is a better weapon than any of the other 2...

Yeah the staff is cool, but IMO I think the dual sabre set-up has the prettiest moves to watch. After I got to the point where I had my dual sabres, I enjoyed the fights a lot more, heh I spent most of the time watching the different moves and experimenting with them to see how they looked with two blades.

Gorgeous.

Sotos
09-29-03, 02:24 AM
I think they have killed the ONE SABRE Combos

It has almost none a good Combo when you have ONE Lightsaber

What are the advantages of the ONE Sabre compared to others??? (except changing STYLE)

Sazar
09-29-03, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Nephilim
Yeah the staff is cool, but IMO I think the dual sabre set-up has the prettiest moves to watch. After I got to the point where I had my dual sabres, I enjoyed the fights a lot more, heh I spent most of the time watching the different moves and experimenting with them to see how they looked with two blades.

Gorgeous.

well I have finished the game with all 3 sabre styles now as well as dark and light side and am bored senseless...

:(

gonna return this game.. the online sucks @ the mo and I cant be arsed to wait around for them to fix it...

why should I bother spending $49.99 + tax on something that doesn't work and takes less than a day to finish ?

the puzzles were kewl I spose... to start with but... but... this game is started to really annoy me...

anyways...

dual light sabres are kewl but when I was fighting... I found the staff to have far better offensive potential (one or two hit kills on the better enemy.. not the 'bosses' though).. I also found myself turning off one of the blades when defending phaser fire... the staff doesn't seem to block nearly as much as the single blade... which I thought was kewl...

I wonder if anyone else has found an extremely annoying bug in the game that makes it uber easy to kill ANYONE (cept that massive monster thinger)

use force/speed and twirl away... in mere seconds even the bosses are dead...

meh...

I found myself going back to the level with them speeder thingers and playing baseball with the cultists on their speeders using my light-sabre... that was by far the best level :D

I soo loved this game for the first coupla hours that its sad I hate it so much now :(

Gargr
09-29-03, 05:39 AM
ooo i finished the game long time ago :)

Now im playing multiplayer. Duels are very fun IMHO.

K

DaveW
09-29-03, 09:40 AM
Its just another Jedi Knight game done in the same old Q3 engine.

Sotos
09-29-03, 12:04 PM
Well as someone said these game is just a good MOD based in Jedi knight nothing so NEW about it :(

It has only 12 levels so it can be finished quickly and after that becomes BORING to play with it again...

Thats why i prefered and bought TRON 2.0 :)

vampireuk
09-29-03, 04:44 PM
Highly entertaining at first then it just kind of drops off. This is why I hardly ever buy these types of games, I want something that can just go on and on, I love my RPGs:D

Sazar
09-29-03, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Sotos
Well as someone said these game is just a good MOD based in Jedi knight nothing so NEW about it :(

It has only 12 levels so it can be finished quickly and after that becomes BORING to play with it again...

Thats why i prefered and bought TRON 2.0 :)

funny you say that :)

I returned the POS and got tron 2.0 just a few minutes ago :)