PDA

View Full Version : HL2 gamespy video?

Smokey
09-30-03, 01:24 PM
I know many of you have already seen this, but I never bothered because of its 500mb+ size :p

So Im dl it know @ 63k/sec which is my max speed, im just wanting to know while Im waiting, is this different to the series of gamespots little streaming videos? is it good quality and a good viewable size?

Im just a little upset the demo/benchmark didnt come out today, hoping Ill really like this video ;)

jAkUp
09-30-03, 02:42 PM
the video contains a few new footage, but its pretty much all of the streaming videos linked together, its much better quality however.. i would definetely recommend downloading it:D

Smokey
09-30-03, 04:42 PM
Well she has finished dl, and after watching the 22min vid in fullscreen, I am really looking forward to this, more so than before :p

I think that this in fact will have alot of interesting gameplay, I was thinking that it would be a little liner, but now I think not all that much ;)

Glad its delayed, gives me time to upgrade my videocard :o

Edge
09-30-03, 06:53 PM
Pfft, you weren't willing to download it because of it's 500+ meg size? Wimp, I downloaded it on my 56k :D

Anyway, it's pretty much just all of the official videos that they're releasing strung togeather in one long video (the one they showed at E3). Though it doesn't include that HRT rendering video (or whatever it's called...). It's pretty good quality, but it's still just a camera video. It's funny hearing the audience members though. "And this will run on my 486?". Hehe.

Gargr
10-01-03, 01:29 AM
Any mirrors?

sytaylor
10-01-03, 02:23 AM
yeah mirror meh!! :D

Smokey
10-01-03, 04:38 AM
As the file is over 500mb, its best grabbing them from gamespy, I grabbed it of the free uk server and had a constent 63k/sec for 2.5hrs BTW its in .mov format so you will need quicktime, and quicktime pro I believe to watch it in full screen.

Or if you want the offical binks which run in fullscreen try 3dgamers (http://www.3dgamers.com/games/halflife2/) I should have looked here first :rolleyes: , getting full speeds here also ;)