PDA

View Full Version : MP3 players

Head_slinger
09-30-03, 02:31 PM
Im thinking about purchasing an MP3 player. i have some doubts tho, my friend has a MD player with NETMD or something. It allows him to download mp3's etc. onto his MD through USB.

It was 100, whereas for a good MP3 player its easily 100. Im looking to spend about 150. If you have any recommendations i would be greatful.

Thanks alot

mrsabidji
09-30-03, 04:04 PM
I bought a CD/MP3 player for a friend's B-day recently for about $90 (60 or so). Seems to be a good compromise since you can play CDs as well and it has a shock-compensation ability of about 120sec (tested it and it works). So I'd highly recommend that type of product unless you really want a plain mp3 player.

mrsabidji

Head_slinger
09-30-03, 04:08 PM
im really not into the bulkiness of those players, and from experience the anitishock still jumps.

Ill keep it in mind tho, thanks

Rampant CL
09-30-03, 06:37 PM
www.iriver.com

All you need....

Head_slinger
10-01-03, 08:46 AM
cool thanx

Nephilim
10-01-03, 09:29 AM
You could probably get a decent iPod for around 150 pounds.

If I had the money to spend, that would most likely be the one I would go with.

Kandoko
10-05-03, 09:53 AM
Are you looking for a harddrive based or solidstate player?
Hard drive based = craploads of storage can have weeks of music at very high qualities and can function as a portable harddrive. Delicate to severe shocks though.

Solid state = small storage but very tough shock proof. Some can be used as a USB key storage device (Muevo I belive). Good for a day of music at beach or workin' out.

I personaly would recomend the I-POD since i love mine but thats me. Its not as rugged as some of the other HD base mp3 players but its very easy to use one handed.

-=DVS=-
10-06-03, 01:04 PM
I got I-POD for windows with 20gig hard drive its realy awesome ;) Its small , slim design and did i say it rocks :eek: :thumbsup:

vampireuk
10-06-03, 03:31 PM
www.mp3players.co.uk

Kandoko
10-07-03, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by -=DVS=-
I got I-POD for windows with 20gig hard drive its realy awesome ;) Its small , slim design and did i say it rocks :eek: :thumbsup:
:( only have the 15GB model :(

:angel: Oh well I plan on instaling a bigger drive when the warenty on my iPod runs out and replace the battery as well. Now if I can just find the link to the site that showed you how?
here linky linky where are you........

jnd3
10-09-03, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by -=DVS=-
Yes! I just got the 15GB iPod. And so far, I'm lovin' it. I skipped the MusicMatch Jukebox install, though. I heard too many bad things about it. If you're planning on using an iPod with Windows, there are many better ways than MMJB -- I prefer EphPod (http://www.ephpod.com). I installed the AppleIpodUpdater software from the CD, restored the iPod, did a quick format of the disk (so Windows could "see" it), and away I went! About 20 minutes from fully-charged unit to draggin' and droppin' playlists.

Cheers,
JND

Head_slinger
10-09-03, 02:34 PM
I-POD's are expensive pieces of kit.

But seeing everyone seems to rate them so highly, ill save up more and get one :D

Thanks alot.

theultimo
10-09-03, 05:09 PM
Heh, my Mp3 player is a bit strange compared to those......Its a Compaq/HP iPaq 3850 w/Linux and CF expansion. With a 1GB microdrive, Its easy to use and plays ok.. (and plus I can do other stuff, like Games/Video too..)

Cost: around $500.