PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or is Jedi Academy "not a good game"?

Kruno
10-01-03, 02:30 AM
Sorry to have to put it in words like that. :D

When I first played JO I thought it was a good game.

The first JK game was DF2:JK and it had focused on bringing force powers to the table.

JO:JK2 brought enhanced light sabre battles to the series which seperated the way the light sabre was used in the original JK.

JA brings what exactly to the series?
Despite having unnoticeable (to me) graphics enhancements over JO the sabre fights are exactly the same as they were in JO.

I believe JA should have been an addon to JO, not a new game. The customisation of light sabres and characters isn't something revolutionary or breathtaking nor are the missions.

They also introduce dual lightsabres and a sabre staff which I care little for.

Is it just me or has the Jedi Knight series become boring with JA?

I love the Star Wars movies but in no way do I consider myself a fan (of anything for that matter).
Is that why I'm not impressed by JA?

I didn't play JO for that long either.
I guess you have to be a SW fan to enjoy it.

Smokey
10-01-03, 05:17 AM
Maybe KoTOR will be a better game than JA for you :)

Sotos
10-01-03, 07:39 AM
They say it is a Great MODIFICATION from JK2 as someone said

It is a good game but small (for Single player) and with not so new features in reality...

It is a good game but nothing so SPECIAL after ending it
Better games are coming

Sazar
10-01-03, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Kruno
Sorry to have to put it in words like that. :D

When I first played JO I thought it was a good game.

The first JK game was DF2:JK and it had focused on bringing force powers to the table.

JO:JK2 brought enhanced light sabre battles to the series which seperated the way the light sabre was used in the original JK.

JA brings what exactly to the series?
Despite having unnoticeable (to me) graphics enhancements over JO the sabre fights are exactly the same as they were in JO.

I believe JA should have been an addon to JO, not a new game. The customisation of light sabres and characters isn't something revolutionary or breathtaking nor are the missions.

They also introduce dual lightsabres and a sabre staff which I care little for.

Is it just me or has the Jedi Knight series become boring with JA?

I love the Star Wars movies but in no way do I consider myself a fan (of anything for that matter).
Is that why I'm not impressed by JA?

I didn't play JO for that long either.
I guess you have to be a SW fan to enjoy it.

it has some good missions and some good ideas but after the initial burst of brilliance it SUCKED...

I returned it and bought tron 2.0 which rocks... cept for the ridiculously retarded light cycle levels lol... fortunately the new patches allow you to skip the stupid things..