PDA

View Full Version : The return of Antidetect?

The Baron
10-01-03, 02:32 PM
A new version of RivaTuner was released today.

Among the improvements:

Bundled DetonatorFXDecoder utility for Windows 2000/XP. This utility allows you to remove runtime Direct3D driver code encryption in the Detonator 45.20 - 52.10
HOLY CRAP!

Might Antidetect return?

digitalwanderer
10-01-03, 02:59 PM
I don't know, but I betcha nVidia ain't gonna be none too pleased to hear this! :lol:

Deathlike2
10-01-03, 04:58 PM
Perhaps Antidetect will return...

Though, Unwinder should keep working on whatever he gets his hands on... (especially when the Det 50s will come out officially)

Although, I'm a little disappointed that we haven't played around with the 52.10 Det yet... as I'm MOST disappointed with their 51.75 Det.

Lezmaka
10-01-03, 05:55 PM
Hopefully I don't end up giving nvidia any ideas, but could they use DMCA to make unwinder remove this feature? Drivers are basicaly software and as such are technically copyrighted upon creation and they are protecting that copyright via encryption.

The Baron
10-01-03, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Lezmaka
Hopefully I don't end up giving nvidia any ideas, but could they use DMCA to make unwinder remove this feature? Drivers are basicaly software and as such are technically copyrighted upon creation and they are protecting that copyright via encryption.
Unwinder's in Russia.

Unwinder wins.

StealthHawk
10-01-03, 09:52 PM
I don't think there will be a new version of anti-detect. I think Unwinder took some flak for it. Plus see how he describes DetonatorFXDecoder.

Disucssion (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18925)

edit: Unwinder stopped by in that thread. Apparently anti-detect now works fine when used in conjunction with the new decoder :D Let the testing begin! A good place to start off would be AM3 with 45.23 and 51.75 *hint* *hint*

DenverBuc
10-03-03, 01:14 PM
God, I feel like a n00b...

What is "AntiDetect"? And why would I want it?

Rabbitfood
10-03-03, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by DenverBuc

AtiDetect is tool used to dectect ati fanboys on a nvidia fan site forum, the old version thought the moderators was nvidiots but it's been fixed in this new release.

mrsabidji
10-03-03, 02:22 PM
Yep, and it doesn't work here since nvnews is a nvidia-related news site. Stupidly, I used to think Antidetect was a tool preventing nvidia drivers to detect when an application is launched so they can't apply any app-specific optimization. Luckily enough, Rabbitfood showed me how wrong I was and everyone was happy again.

mrsabidji

StealthHawk
10-03-03, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by DenverBuc

Anti-detect defeats application detection in drivers. So if you suspect that shader replacement, clipping planes, buffer clears, etc are being used in a specific app, anti-detect would stop the driver from detecting that app so scores could be fairly gotten.

Obviously there are some bad things that can happen. Unwinder assures us that there are no side effects, but some people disagree. Regardless, there could be legitimate reasons to detect an application, such as fixing poor code that the developer will not change that causes bugs on particular hardware.

goofer456
10-10-03, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Rabbitfood
AtiDetect is tool used to dectect ati fanboys on a nvidia fan site forum, the old version thought the moderators was nvidiots but it's been fixed in this new release.

It does not function properly. :wimp:

On the other hand, certain NV Fan boys are easily regocnized without and detection tool... :fanboy: