PDA

View Full Version : RivaTuner Provides Detonator Driver Insights

StealthHawk
10-01-03, 09:48 PM
Some interesting tidbits about Detonator drivers can be found courtesy of Unwinder and Rivatuner.

Note: DetonatorFXDecoder and DetonatorFXD3DAntiprotection were developed exclusively due to numerous requests from NVIDIA users to allow them to install LODBiasFix patch on the Detonator 45.xx and higher. DetonatorFXDecoder and DetonatorFXD3DAntiprotector support will be stopped after fixing negative LOD bias adjustment bug in NVIDIA Direct3D driver.

Doesn't really sound like a new version of anti-detect will be released :(

Removed per-stage Direct3D anisotropic filtering optimization settings for GeForce FX GPU family. Per-stage Direct3D anisotropic filtering optimization settings are also no longer available on the Detonator 5x.xx and higher.

So now there will be no way to get trilinear in all stages :(

OpenGL Intellisample mode settings have been moved from OpenGL Rendering quality tab to separate OpenGL Intellisample tab. In addition to standard "Quality / Performance / High performance" Intellisample modes, this tab provides new cool image quality tuning settings:

Intellisample trilinear filtering quality slider for NV30+ graphics processors for the Detonator 41.80 and higher. Now you can fine-tune trilinear filtering quality (32 gradations available) instead of using 3 predefined trilinear filtering quality modes toggled by selected Intellisample mode.

Added NV40 emulation mode under OpenGL / Compatibility settings for the Detonator 5x.xx and higher.

Unwinder
10-02-03, 02:14 AM
Tip: there is no need to update antidetect, old one works fine after decrypting/antiprotecting the driver. But it's just unwanted side effect, the primary aim of DetonatorFXDecoder is clearly stated in documentation ;)

StealthHawk
10-02-03, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Unwinder
Tip: there is no need to update antidetect, old one works fine after decrypting/antiprotecting the driver. But it's just unwanted side effect, the primary aim of DetonatorFXDecoder is clearly stated in documentation ;)

Wow, thanks for the heads up Unwinder :thumbsup:

The Baron
10-02-03, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Unwinder
I almost posted yesterday that if Unwinder made Antidetect work with new Dets, I would send him $100.

Boy oh boy, I'm glad I didn't. :D

Deathlike2
10-02-03, 11:18 AM
Well.. there's plenty of people that'll be happy... except... for NVidia and those that really wanted high IQ... (in reference to not able to do trilinear filtering on all stages)