PDA

View Full Version : I heard 45.23 drivers are bad. Is this true?

danlofgren
10-02-03, 01:15 PM
A few people have said that the newest available Nvidia drivers are worse than the previous ones and cause strange problems.

Anyone have any experience with this?

I just want my Ti4600 to work it's absolute best with Halo and future DirectX9 games.

Tsunami
10-02-03, 01:27 PM
well their not optimized for any specific card and the fog is removed from mohaa (not sure about other games) so yeah for whql drivers they are pretty bad. Someone needs to ewake the guy at quality control
:lol2:

Tsunami
10-02-03, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by danlofgren
A few people have said that the newest available Nvidia drivers are worse than the previous ones and cause strange problems.

Anyone have any experience with this?

I just want my Ti4600 to work it's absolute best with Halo and future DirectX9 games.
also about your card your getting about as much as you can as it's being bottlenecked by your proccessor just a thought

saturnotaku
10-02-03, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by danlofgren

Since the Ti4600 is a DirectX 8 part, I wouldn't worry about DX 9. And if you're on broadband, why don't you download the drivers and test them yourself? A driver that produces poor results on one system could be great for another.

I had the 45.23s installed on my laptop and didn't have any major problems to speak of. That's not to say you won't. Trial and error isn't the quickest, but it's the best way to find out what will worth with your system.