PDA

View Full Version : Mace Griffin PC demo available!

digitalwanderer
10-02-03, 02:02 PM
The Mace Griffin demo is up at 3dgames (http://www.3dgamers.com/games/mgbountyhunter/#filelist) and I just got done playing it for the first time and was totally impressed! Not only is it smooth and pretty, it's fun as hell too!

It combines a FPS with a spaceship sim in a Halo/BF1942 way I and loved the demo, I can't wait for the full game! (It is SO nice to have a pretty game actually run well again! :lol: )

Go, get, come back and comment. It's only a 121Mb download and you can even bittorrent the demo (http://www.3dgamers.com/torrents/games/mgbountyhunter/macegriffin_pc_demo.zip.torrent). :)

saturnotaku
10-02-03, 02:35 PM
Wickie. Will have to check this out.

demonized
10-02-03, 03:28 PM
sry. Digi but i think this game is only gonna be released in europe. atleast thats what it says on gamespot.

-----------------------
The PC version of this sci-fi shooter is only scheduled for release in Europe, but this demo provides a look at what one mission has to offer.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

digitalwanderer
10-02-03, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by demonized
sry. Digi but i think this game is only gonna be released in europe. atleast thats what it says on gamespot.

-----------------------
The PC version of this sci-fi shooter is only scheduled for release in Europe, but this demo provides a look at what one mission has to offer.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pfffft! :rolleyes: Like that'll even slow me down! ;) :lol:

MUYA
10-02-03, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by demonized

-----------------------
you can get it in Hong Kong!

MUYA

digitalwanderer
10-02-03, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by MUYA
you can get it in Hong Kong!

MUYA
Now? Or are you talking "when it's released"?

EDITED BITS: Never mind, apparently it went wild over a week ago. ;)

MUYA
10-02-03, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Now? Or are you talking "when it's released"?

EDITED BITS: Never mind, apparently it went wild over a week ago. ;)

Just saw the box in Games store...thought it was an old game

digitalwanderer
10-02-03, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by MUYA
Just saw the box in Games store...thought it was an old game
GET IT!

It's a good game! :)

PenguinJim
10-02-03, 07:19 PM
Forgive my dumbness, but how does one invert the mouse y-axis in this demo? :confused:

Fenestro
10-03-03, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by PenguinJim
Forgive my dumbness, but how does one invert the mouse y-axis in this demo? :confused:

In "Control Setup" double click on the "Look up" and "Look down" entries and move the mouse in the desired direction.

Nephilim
10-03-03, 08:00 AM
I think this game is lacking.

The sound is terrible, the voice acting is uhh...sub-par at best (I love Henry Rollins, but man, he could do better), and the controls were 'iffy' (mousewheel would sometimes work and sometimes not....randomly. I couldn't even change most of the controls in the options because I couldn't scroll through the list!).

Sure, the shaders were nice, but honestly, this game lacks a LOT of polish.

The sound:

In the cutscenes featuring space-craft, the sounds of their engines was often drowning out the voices. Not to mention that the sound of the engines would cut off before it left the scene (so to speak). In the gameplay, you could hear voices of characters far away very clearly. but the voices of characters close to you would get drowned out in gunfire. Those are a couple of the glaring instances, but there are more (mostly just nit-picky ones).

The voice acting:

Not much to say other than it's very uh, flat and wooden. Like a dining room table, and not even a nice one at that. Nevermind the fact that I couldn't hear what people were saying half the time because of other sounds drowning it out. (This on all EAX settings, Miles 2D positional, and D3D)

The controls:

My only complaint was with my mousewheel not working all the time. It works fine in every other game I have, but in this one it randomly works. When it does work, it's response is very clunky and barely usable. This most likely can be fixed in a patch....