PDA

View Full Version : Hl2 Aa + Leaked Code Rumour

bloodbob
10-03-03, 09:24 AM
Just a rumour I heard is that the leaked code still did not support the texture clamping need for Nvidia cards ( I dunno about centroid ) and the oldest this code could be is the 10th some suggestion are the 30th if this code is really from the 30th of september then it could mean some big delays.

Any can anyone verify this rumour??

digitalwanderer
10-03-03, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by bloodbob
Just a rumour I heard is that the leaked code still did not support the texture clamping need for Nvidia cards ( I dunno about centroid ) and the oldest this code could be is the 10th some suggestion are the 30th if this code is really from the 30th of september then it could mean some big delays.

Any can anyone verify this rumour??
I believe the most recent file I found in them was the 10th, nothing newer.

Edge
10-03-03, 02:50 PM
I believe it's already confirmed that the source is from a little over 2 weeks ago. However it might not ALL have been recently updated since it was only from 1 computer, for example the graphics engine programmers might not have inserted the texture clamping AA code into this build when it was stolen. This is still only a single build, it's unknown how complete it was. And if like DW says the latest file is only dated on the 10th, then some parts of it may be several weeks older then that.

GlowStick
10-03-03, 03:52 PM
I dont think that is a good juge for anyting mainly because i dont belive valve has a fix for AA.

Here is my train of thought

Valve announces it cannot be fixed,

days later, its fixed.

months later, the benchmark is showed to review sites, and AA is not fixed.

So, AA is fixed for all cards is analgous to HL2 is going to be released setember 30th, they are just saying what people want to hear.

StealthHawk
10-03-03, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by GlowStick
months later, the benchmark is showed to review sites, and AA is not fixed.

So, AA is fixed for all cards is analgous to HL2 is going to be released setember 30th, they are just saying what people want to hear.

What? Who said FSAA was not fixed? Why was there FSAA options in the benchmark then?

The benchmark was also old code, there was no HDR in it, for example.

GlowStick
10-03-03, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by StealthHawk
What? Who said FSAA was not fixed? Why was there FSAA options in the benchmark then?

The benchmark was also old code, there was no HDR in it, for example. The people who write the review sites said that when they used the benchmark AA was not fixed.

And HDR was present in the engine for a while, but they chose not to feature HDR sceens because they said the nvidia cards would not work.

Where did they say the code was old?

btw, when they make the map they have to specify HDR effects, it wont just generate if the capability is added.

StealthHawk
10-03-03, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by GlowStick
The people who write the review sites said that when they used the benchmark AA was not fixed.

I don't remember that being said exactly. I do remember someone saying FSAA was not tested because Valve told them that performance would was not indicative of final performance. And someone else also tested FSAA and performance dropped.

And HDR was present in the engine for a while, but they chose not to feature HDR sceens because they said the nvidia cards would not work.

Where did they say the code was old?

btw, when they make the map they have to specify HDR effects, it wont just generate if the capability is added.
Ok, they said the maps used were old. You're right.