PDA

View Full Version : No More Nvidia Cards!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

[[[-X-]]]
10-03-03, 02:11 PM
Found this on another forum, thought it's pretty interesting!

Nvidia's NV38 (along with the rest of the FX series) has been dubbed as a substandard card by team dx. This means that DX will not include NV in it's developement range for directx10. Team DX made the decision "as a favor to the graphics industry". Team DX claims that NV violated their partnership agreement by changing the DX9 code with their latest set of drivers as caught by Xbit labs recently. This violates the licensing agreement and conpromises DX's quality in order to make it seem as if ATi and NV cards alike display the same image quality (which would be really bad in this case). This can only be fixed by reinstalling dx9b. So by all means, Do Not Download Detonator 50 Drivers!!! Along with this, NV has been caught cheating on benchmarks as they usually do over at Anandtech . Notice that all of the realworld benchmarks perform better on ATi, yet all synthetic benchmarks perform better by a large margin on NV hardware. "These violations are inexcusable" said a DX employee, and I'd have to agree. So without the inside drive on DX10, NV will not be able to even optimize their cards as ATi can and will probably fall into bankruptsy just as 3dfx did before them...

Well then, NVIDIA is in serious trouble if this is true. They might stop making cards all together. Should of never manufactured the FX cards, they are crap. The Ti series was legenday, **** the FX cards. They better do something......

saturnotaku
10-03-03, 02:13 PM
What forum? Who's the source? What color is the sky? What of doughnuts? WHAAAATT? For the love of God, tell me!

[[[-X-]]]
10-03-03, 02:14 PM
Here is the link to the thread...

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=technical&Number=25356&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1&PHPSESSID=

saturnotaku
10-03-03, 02:24 PM
From that same thread:

This info is simply unofficial, as DX doesn't want to stir up the industry more than has alredy been done

Emphasis on unofficial, so let's put this under the FUD category for the time being.

ChrisRay
10-03-03, 02:25 PM
I'm not buying it. Microsoft would get slapped with so many Monopoly lawsuits.

[[[-X-]]]
10-03-03, 02:27 PM
Well it is ironic, started hearing the same thing before 3dfx stopped making cards. Also, NVIDIA has stated that they are not gonna be making JUST video cards anymore. They are gonna branch out. Like multimedia chipsets and ****. Hmmmm...

euan
10-03-03, 02:30 PM
Why, there is ATI, XGI, S3 or whatever, Imagination Tech (powervr), and several other industrial graphics companies who are part of the DirectX industry consultancy. NV are oddballs and are currently doing nothing but pull the industry down. If it is true, I don't find it surprising. Especially when MS must know what they next NV products are.

(Assuming Team DX = MS DX dev) :)

saturnotaku
10-03-03, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by [[[-X-]]]
Well it is ironic, started hearing the same thing before 3dfx stopped making cards. Also, NVIDIA has stated that they are not gonna be making JUST video cards anymore. They are gonna branch out. Like multimedia chipsets and ****. Hmmmm...

Ground control to Major Tom, what do you call the nForce line, which has been out almost two years now?

Dirty
10-03-03, 02:32 PM
THATS IT !!!

NO NVIDIA CARD FOR YOU. NEXTTTTT.

[[[-X-]]]
Exactly, the nForce line....More power to this theory that NVIDIA is not gonna be making graphics cards anymore.

digitalwanderer
Nvidia's NV38 (along with the rest of the FX series) has been dubbed as a substandard card by team dx.
ROFLMFAO~~~~

I'm picturing a group of brave computer nerds all dressed in black ninja outfits with pocket protectors standing nobly with the wind blowing thru their hair with a big "TEAM DX!" zooming up from the bottom of the screen while dramatic music billows in the background! :lol:

"Team DX", too funny! :lol2:

Richthofen
10-03-03, 02:35 PM
nice joke.

could some mods close this fanboy crap?

saturnotaku
10-03-03, 02:36 PM
Exactly, the nForce line....More power to this theory that NVIDIA is not gonna be making graphics cards anymore.

What? That's not proof of anything. ATI makes motherboards (Radeon IGP320 for desktops and laptops) and they're in the process of developing a chipset for Intel. Does this mean ATI is going to stop making graphics cards, too? Give me a break.

[[[-X-]]]
10-03-03, 02:36 PM
This isn't a joke, this is gonna happen! :eek:

mrsabidji
10-03-03, 02:37 PM
I read all of the tree threads (two of which stating basically the same guesses) you started since you registered here recently, [[[-X-]]]. I don't want to look offensive, but what are you here for exactly ? I mean, you come here yelling it's the end of nvidia, their cards are crap, etc... basing your opinion on unofficial sources or simply on nothing. I know bashing nvidia with no particular reason is a cool new trend, but does it really justify the start of three new threads in less than 5 minutes ? I'm just wondering.

mrsabidji

[[[-X-]]]
10-03-03, 02:40 PM
Well I am rather dissapointed at the FX line, as I use to love NVIDIA back in the day when I had a ti 4600. :(

euan
10-03-03, 02:46 PM
Well I am rather dissapointed at the FX line, as I use to love NVIDIA back in the day when I had a ti 4600. :(

Back in the day? Unless your like 12 years old, when a year ago seems like an eternity, the 4600 was practically only yesterday. Back in the day is TNT1, or even Cirrus GD5446 with 512kb ram. :rolleyes:

mrsabidji
10-03-03, 02:48 PM

Well, I have to admit I'm kind of disapointed too. I guess we just don't express our disapointment the same way.

mrsabidji

ragejg
10-03-03, 02:48 PM
"back in the day", heh... like a whole three hundred sixty five days ago... wow, that was ages ago, wow, time flies, wow, now I'm gonna worry about three hundred sixty five days FROM now re: DX10, wow this could be big...

... wow this is FUD.

...IMO.

If I'm wrong, I'll resurrect this thread and let you all whip me with it...

Kev1
10-03-03, 02:50 PM
But they are fading fast with all the bad news :(

MrNasty
10-03-03, 02:53 PM
Im with DX team on everything here.

TheTaz
10-03-03, 02:54 PM
I'd say this is one for the rumor forum.

A lot can happen between now and DX 10.

/shrug

Taz

ruddrage
10-03-03, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by euan
Back in the day is TNT1, or even Cirrus GD5446 with 512kb ram. :rolleyes:

Now those were the days, infact I think I still have a Cirrus Logic graphics card around here somewhere

*runs off in search*

Ruddrage

-=DVS=-
10-03-03, 03:30 PM
Only shows how many people hate Nvida for all the crap they throw out :o

Paul
10-03-03, 03:50 PM
Can i have the 45 seconds it took to read this thread back? Because of you, i'm 45 seconds closer to death. THANKS A LOT.