PDA

View Full Version : Dual-Head GeF2 mx

diddy02
10-03-03, 04:09 PM
I have a dual-head GeForce 2 MX 400... it's 64mb, and with all the drivers in the 20.something versions, I can set up my dual monitors properly. I have one running at 1600x1200, and the other at 1280x1024. I still have the option to max out the second one at 1600x1200, and everything works fine. Anything later than those drivers doesn't allow me to set the primary monitor at 1600x1200, only at 1600x1000 *or something around that figure*, and the second monitor can be set at 1280x1024... I wouldn't really mind if the primary monitor's resolution was proportionate, but I can't stand everything being stretched out. It's really annoying! If I lower the resolution to something that is proportionate, it looks too big for me. Now the question is why is this happening? I mean, I know that it works with older drivers and that means it the card does have the capability. I've been using it for almost a year without any problems. Is there an over-ride method I can use to increase the primary monitor's resolution to 1600x1200 again? I'd like to play some games (like UT2003) but they don't run well with old drivers... I get a lot of artifacts. If I play with new drivers, it runs smoother and looks better. I don't know if it's worth mentioning but everything works fine when there's one monitor attached ... then the newer drivers let me up my resolution to 1600x1200, no problem. If anyone has a workaround or any input, I'd apprecieate it... thanks!

mrsabidji
10-03-03, 04:16 PM
If I were you, I would download each monitor's specific drivers and install them. That would prolly solve your problem. You'll find those drivers on your monitor manufacturer(s) site(s).

mrsabidji

edit : otherwise, you could give DriverGuide (http://www.driverguide.com) a try, registration is free.

diddy02
10-03-03, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it =)

Both the monitors don't have any available drivers for Windows XP which is what I'm using. The Primary Monitor is an HP P910 (http://h20004.www2.hp.com/soar_rnotes/bsdmatrix/matrix298721en_US.html) (couldn't find drivers at the site or at driverguide, windows automatically recognizes it), and the Secondary Monitor is a Samsung 700NF, which does have the drivers available. According to pictures on the Samsung site, my Samsung is a 700NF, while it actually says 700IFT on the monitor... Windows reverts it too a default 17" monitor. The 700IFT is a lower model than what I'm using... and I'm pretty sure the NF is what I have... right, anyways, do you think it's okay to use those drivers? ... Thanks again for the help. I'm going to try and install those drivers and then upgrade... what do you think I should use in terms of version for a GeF2? Thank!