PDA

View Full Version : Tv Out GeForce 2

gupnut
10-05-03, 01:26 AM
I've had a GeForce 2 MX 100/200 for a while now, and only just decided to try out the TV Out. the hookup to tht TV worked, but after i unplugged the TV from the computer, the card stopped working. it isn't even recognised by the computer and the motherboard has now activated the onboard graphics instead of the GeForce 2 MX 100/200. does anyone know why the card would have stopped working and if so, know of a way to fix it?

ricercar
10-05-03, 11:23 AM
If the card is 100% unable to be recognized, I have no suggestions. However, have you tried to get the card to POST to the TV?

If you can get the machine to POST to TV, the 75-ohm load sense maybe fubar on the TV output port. You may need to boot to the TV and set the card output to VGA before you can use VGA again.

gupnut
10-06-03, 03:18 AM
Yeah i've tried posting to the TV, but it still doesn't work. Thanx Anyway. hopefully the problem is only the card and not the AGP, otherwise i'll be screwed.

chigger_ns
10-06-03, 01:45 PM
I would say the card is not in the socket correctly. You may have to open the case and push it back in place. I had to do this at work once and the card was even screwed in place. just take a look.
Pulling the tv cable ouyt may have jarred it out of place.:afro:

gupnut
10-07-03, 02:15 AM
Took your advice and tried it. Still dun work. i had that problem when i first got it. i thought it was busted and wanted my money back, but it just wasn't in right. thanx for the advice anyway.