PDA

View Full Version : 5600 AGP4x workie in AT7 Max mobo

Spyre
10-06-03, 09:43 PM
I just put my 5600FX card (MSI) into my AT7 Max motherboard and the bios will only let the card be set at AGP2x and unless I lower the troubleshooting slider one notch in the display control panel my mouse cursor disapears after a few mins, Its a new install of XP also so thats not the problem with the mouse cursor, using the 45.23 drivers

I tried the MSI live update and there is no new card bios and no newer motherboard bios so im not happy :mad:

It did work ok in the XPC SN45G but my 9700 lives in there now along with a 3200+ CPU

Anyone else had a similar situation ?

Any advice (other than bin the 5600, or conversely bin the 9700) would be appreciated

I'm more bothered about the mouse cursor vanishing since the 5600 wont be used for heavy gaming sessions (since its not a good card to use for that)

ChrisRay
10-06-03, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Spyre
I just put my 5600FX card (MSI) into my AT7 Max motherboard and the bios will only let the card be set at AGP2x and unless I lower the troubleshooting slider one notch in the display control panel my mouse cursor disapears after a few mins, Its a new install of XP also so thats not the problem with the mouse cursor, using the 45.23 drivers

I tried the MSI live update and there is no new card bios and no newer motherboard bios so im not happy :mad:

It did work ok in the XPC SN45G but my 9700 lives in there now along with a 3200+ CPU

Anyone else had a similar situation ?

Any advice (other than bin the 5600, or conversely bin the 9700) would be appreciated

I'm more bothered about the mouse cursor vanishing since the 5600 wont be used for heavy gaming sessions (since its not a good card to use for that)

That is strange. Do you have anymore info on that board? a Link to its website manufacturer. I'd go check but I'm being kinda lazy.

Is the board completely AGP 2.0 compliant? I found many AGP issues have been around AGP compliancy. It seems strange that an 8x card would even operate in 2x mode. As my Radeon 9500 Pro only operates at 1x/4x/8x

Spyre
10-06-03, 11:00 PM
Its a AGP4x mobo only and worked fine at AGP4x with the 9700 card and a 9500 card before that at 4x

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/techspec.php?categories=1&model=23

MatiasZ[OC]
10-07-03, 08:30 AM
probly you already went through this, but you should go to http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/bios_revision.php?categories=1&model=23 and download the latest bios... if you go on having problems, you should:
1) try the gf fx on another system and see if u're getting agp4x there
2) if Nš1 is the case, then try to test the card in a "comparable" system, and see if having agp2x instead of 4x is giving you much of a performance hit. Usually, agp2x is good enough, at least it was like this all the way up to gf3 or so...
hope it helps, good luck