PDA

View Full Version : Det 52.xx and Cat 3.8 Due this week!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Reaper106
10-07-03, 11:53 AM
Thre ATI Cat 3.8 and NVIDIA Det 52.xx are due this week...

The ATI 3.8's are pretty much a for sure thing for Wed. Has anybody heard otherwise about the Det 52.xx? I have heard the 10th. I figured with Halo being released they would have already posted these drivers. any of you NVNews guys have any inside info that you will share. I have been trying tio reach my nvidia reps for 2 weeks on the matter. But with no luck at all:mad:

Thx in advance for any info guys

digitalwanderer
10-07-03, 11:57 AM
I think CatalystMAKER even announced they'd be released at 3pm EST on Wenesday, how's that for precise? :cool:

mrsabidji
10-07-03, 12:01 PM
So it's gonna be a great week for everyone (YAY ! :D ). I heard good things about both drivers (I'm a bit more interested in the dets though). Well... I guess we could all celebrate...

mrsabidji

Reaper106
10-07-03, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
I think CatalystMAKER even announced they'd be released at 3pm EST on Wenesday, how's that for precise? :cool:
Thats dam precise Dig, Now could ya please be precise about the Det's:D

Oct 10th sound like what you have heard?

Dam my NV rep:screwy:

Reaper106
10-07-03, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by mrsabidji
So it's gonna be a great week for everyone (YAY ! :D ). I heard good things about both drivers (I'm a bit more interested in the dets though). Well... I guess we could all celebrate...

mrsabidji

I'm more interested in the Det's also. But I'm happy for ATI and NVIDIA users. Sounds like it will be a good week for all. Celebrate... hell yes!!!!!

:beer:

nForceMan
10-07-03, 12:44 PM

mrsabidji

Detonator 52.xx roxx. I can guarantee that! :thumbsup: :rofl

digitalwanderer
10-07-03, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by nForceMan
Detonator 52.xx roxx. I can guarantee that! :thumbsup: :rofl
Suuuuure they will. nVidia is so confident about them that they've announced the release date too just like ATi, right?

When again did they announce they were going to release these wonderously "roxx"-ing Det 52.xx's again? :angel2:

mrsabidji
10-07-03, 01:01 PM
Suuuuure they will. nVidia is so confident about them that they've announced the release date too just like ATi, right?

When again did they announce they were going to release these wonderously "roxx"-ing Det 52.xx's again? :angel2:

It doesn't really matter : it's party time :beer: !

mrsabidji

The Baron
10-07-03, 03:42 PM
Det50 will not be out this week.

Deputy Doofy
10-07-03, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by The Baron

Saving the best for last prablay! :)

mrsabidji
10-07-03, 04:16 PM

But you said... oh, well...

mrsabidji

digitalwanderer
10-07-03, 04:23 PM
Where did ya hear that B?

The Baron
10-07-03, 04:29 PM
Where did ya hear that B?
It won't be out this week. Trust me.

Yes, I know I said it would be out on the 10th. The date has been moved around several times, and I'm not entirely sure why, so we'll see.

Reaper106
10-07-03, 04:33 PM

But why not, :cry: Wernt you saying in another thread that they were going to be out this week? Not flaming just thought i remembered you saying that.....

Damn NVIDIA:rw:

Reaper106
10-07-03, 04:35 PM
It won't be out this week. Trust me.

Yes, I know I said it would be out on the 10th. The date has been moved around several times, and I'm not entirely sure why, so we'll see.

Any guess as to when they will be released?:surrender

Reaper106
10-07-03, 04:39 PM

Now now Dig, Have faith one last time:firedevil

StealthHawk
10-07-03, 05:47 PM
But you said... oh, well...

mrsabidji

It's not our fault if NVIDIA keeps delaying drivers, guys. Unless you'd rather us not say anything when we hear about launch dates :(

The Baron
10-07-03, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Reaper106
Any guess as to when they will be released?:surrender
They WILL be out this month.

mrsabidji
10-07-03, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by StealthHawk
It's not our fault if NVIDIA keeps delaying drivers, guys. Unless you'd rather us not say anything when we hear about launch dates :(

Yeah, I know ;) . I was just a bit disapointed. I doesn't really matter anyway, The Baron just kinda spoiled the party :D . I'll keep the beers fresh till the Dets are actually released.

mrsabidji

The Baron
10-07-03, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I know ;) . I was just a bit disapointed. I doesn't really matter anyway, The Baron just kinda spoiled the party :D . I'll keep the beers fresh till the Dets are actually released.

mrsabidji
Yeah yeah, sorry, they SHOULD HAVE been out this week, but for whatever reason they're not... I get the feeling they are not WHQL certified yet, and that's why they are delayed. Of course, I haven't confirmed it, nor do I have the 52.14 drivers handy (yet :) ), so I don't really know.

mrsabidji
10-07-03, 06:17 PM
I guess the longer we wait, the better they're gonna be... oh, and that must not refrain you from keeping us informed about it. I mean, we already lost the GPURW recently, I don't wanna lose another source of informations. You've become precious mate ;) .

mrsabidji

The Baron
10-07-03, 06:44 PM
I guess the longer we wait, the better they're gonna be... oh, and that must not refrain you from keeping us informed about it. I mean, we already lost the GPURW recently, I don't wanna lose another source of informations. You've become precious mate ;) .

mrsabidji
Me? Nah. I don't really know anything special. In fact, that's about all I know about it at the moment.

Are they worth the wait? From what I've heard, yes, they are, at least in regards to performance. IQ? I don't know--I have yet to see a real IQ comparison. Will NV beat ATI in anything that uses PS2.0 with Det50? Not unless they cheat.

mrsabidji
10-07-03, 07:16 PM
It's pretty obvious now that a nv3x can't beat its R3x0 equivalent in a PS2.0 test without sacrificeing IQ. I don't care if my 5900 gets beaten by X fps in Y benchmark as long as the graphics look good. What I expect from the 5x.xx is to make my card perform at its best (which prolly won't happen until the first Dets 6x.xx are in sight, but I'm still expecting some improvement though). I'm really curious about that real-time compiler thing. That surely won't save the nv3x family cards from not performing so well in DX9 games but could become really useful when I'll get my nv4x :D (unless it turns out to be a crappy GPU and I have to switch to ATI).

mrsabidji

Carfax
10-07-03, 09:00 PM

Someone at Guru3d claims to have e-mailed an Nvidia employee about PS 2.0 and 1.4 etc.. Here it is:

"This is a new era in 3D graphics. GPUs are fully programmable now. Compilers
and shader optimizations can make a big difference in performance. The GPU
is entering a similar era as the CPU. CPU performance is commonly viewed
through the "filter" of an optimizing complier, and for performance
sensitive code, it is common for developers to implement code paths
specifically optimized for AMD and Intel (as Futuremark does). These
programmable GPUs are no different-there will be micro architectural
differences in the way a particular architecture computes shaders, and while
they can produce similar results, the way that they go about computing that
result can be very different, and require different optimizations."

"It is true that obtaining the best pixel shader performance out of GeForce
FX GPUs is different than other cards; however, our developer technology
team works very closely with game developers to help them with this.
Sometimes this involves helping them convert ps 2.0 shaders into ps 1.4
shaders, or converting fp32 pixel shader operations into fp16. Our goal is
to provide our consumers the best experience possible, and that means that
games must both look and run great. In many cases, the original shader will
still be included in the finished game, because it may be easier to
maintain, or perform better on competitor than the version we optimized for
GeForce FX."

Rel 50 drivers will be posted shortly.

According to Mr. Burke, the rel 50 drivers will be posted soon. By soon, I'm assuming tomorrow or the day after.. Sometime this week though..

The Baron
10-07-03, 09:31 PM
According to Mr. Burke, the rel 50 drivers will be posted soon. By soon, I'm assuming tomorrow or the day after.. Sometime this week though..
I've been told repeatedly that this simply isn't true. So... we'll see.