PDA

View Full Version : Homeworld 2 and CC Generals Zero hour GREAT AI!!!!!!

Sotos
10-07-03, 12:56 PM
These both games (one is expansion) has some of the best AI i have ever played

Both are difficult but really challenging RTS
The AI is simply great (even if i suspect both cheating)

Probably most of here you know HomeWorld 2 and it's AI if you have played
especially FIRST TIME
Several mistakes in tactics and it's Computer AI has beaten you in seconds with a HUGE SPACE FLEET with NO REMORSE :eek:

Really Difficult but really Challenging and COOL

-Second is the NEW Expansion of Command & Conquer Generals
ZERO HOUR

It's AI (especially After mission 2 in USA Campaign) becomes really CRAZY

Starting sending WAVES of GLA units after a point that you can not even think after some seconds of what to do next...

It even tried sending me troops behind my Base defenses
REALLY COOL :D

Man is nice seeing games with good AI i was tottaly bored with all these STUPID AI games these couple of years...

LycosV
10-07-03, 02:19 PM
I agree that the AIs in these two games is hard to beat, but I have little to no respect for AIs that cheat. Some of the best (non-cheating) AIs I've played recently are RON, and also WC3. The bummer is that the WC3 one cheats like a dog now that they patched it. But in the original version I don't think it cheated. The problem with it's AI when it didn't cheat was you could buckle down in your base, wait for them to eat all the money on the map, then blow them away.

LycosV

Riptide
10-07-03, 02:22 PM
How does an AI cheat?

mrsabidji
10-07-03, 02:32 PM
It acts as if it knows everything you're doing, which is normal but also kind of unfair since you can't see its every moves through that stupid 'fog'. It also spends more money than it actually earns, etc...

mrsabidji

Dazz
10-07-03, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Riptide
How does an AI cheat? Resorce Injections after a certian time, ZH gets 1 begining bonus and 1 other injection when their money gets low on Hard (well it did for Generals and may for the addon pack) And Homeworld 2 gets injections all the time on expert.

Riptide
10-07-03, 08:10 PM
Sounds like cheating alright. Kinda lame-o I guess. Oh well, I usually just play most games through SP and shirk the MP. My experience has been that the best MP games are dedicated MP. Just an opinion...

ReDeeMeR
10-07-03, 09:29 PM
Well I know WC3 for fact that if you play with "insane" difficulty AI gets 2x amount of resources + 2x times less to build **** there for expand much faster and re-build armies instantly... plus on either difficulty they know where exactly you are on the map with the fog enabled and that's the gayest part about any game THEY KNOW WHERE YOUR BASE IS FROM THE START WHILE YOU DONT know **** about theirs and usualy see what you build(Homeworld 2)

I like one thing about HW2, AI sends two scout ships before they attack :p

Ooo look we "found" you :rolleyes: atleast gives some time to prepare

LycosV
10-08-03, 01:57 AM
I know the WC3 AI cheats now, that's why I said the original version. If you go back to the original version you'll notice there was no insane difficulty. That's when it didn't cheat.

LycosV

RoachMojo
10-08-03, 04:41 PM
I just finished HW2 for the third time. Man, that is a fun game.

I had a friend over the other day and had a huge battle set up for him to watch. My DN, 2 BC, and 4 Destroyers with a crapload of Frigates and assault craft. Basically a maxed fleet. Needless to say, he was blown away by the graphics, especially the real time shadows. Watching the shadows crawl over the hulls as the ships turned, incredible.

If you haven't bought this game yet, please do!!

Riptide
10-08-03, 07:53 PM
Cool Roach, glad you enjoyed this awesome game. I haven't played it through again since I've been busy with other games already. But I have gone back and played a few of the big battles over again such as the very last mission and the one immediately before it. Very fun stuff, IMHO... I really liked the first two games as well. I'll probably play Homeworld 2 all the way through again eventually. I must've finished the original about 4 times. :)

RoachMojo
10-08-03, 09:13 PM
We need an expansion like, now, Rip!

Riptide
10-09-03, 09:00 AM
Yeah no kidding... I'd set Jedi Academy down for a few days then and go back to messing with the H2 expansion. :)

Seriously though, it's early and all so we haven't heard much about sequels that I'm aware of. Still, I am really hoping they make another installment to this series. Have you heard anything?

RoachMojo
10-09-03, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Riptide
Yeah no kidding... I'd set Jedi Academy down for a few days then and go back to messing with the H2 expansion. :)

Seriously though, it's early and all so we haven't heard much about sequels that I'm aware of. Still, I am really hoping they make another installment to this series. Have you heard anything?

Damn, I forgot all about Jedi Academy! I bought it and forgot about it after HW2 and Halo, lol! Kewl, some diversion...

Nah, I have heard nothing yet, but it must be inevitable, wouldn't ya think? I hope they jump all over that cash cow and get something going so we get an expansion in say...the next month! :D

Riptide
10-09-03, 11:14 AM
Next month would be good for me. Why not right? ;)

Seriously though, I'm curious to see how this thing is selling. If it's doing nearly as well as the first game then I'm sure we can expect a sequel. But if it's not doing all that good... this could be the end of the line.

These sorts of discussions make me think of "super" games of the past. you know, the ones that spawned sequel after sequel after sequel. Notable games that fit this definition of "super" game:

1) Wing Commander series
2) Ultima series
3) Anything by Sierra with a Quest in the title.

:)

RoachMojo
10-09-03, 11:26 AM
Lol! Fully next month.

From what I read on the Relic forums (a post from Monty Block
of Relic:http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18391), the game is doing very well, so we will be getting a sequal. Here's a quote:

First off I want to thank the entire Homeworld 2 community for all of the support you've shown the game over the past year. We're overjoyed with the positive reviews we've received in the press and the game is almost literally flying off of the shelves<snip>

Dude! Don't forget Freespace!! Freespace 2 and BEAM WEAPONS....:D

Floruro
10-13-03, 02:43 PM
After getting Halo, then now Homeworld 2 and Freedom Fighters, i just uninstalled Jedi Academy straight. These new games are so good its crazy. I am picking up Chrome tomorrow, and after playing the demo, i am really looking forward to it. Suddenly after a long dry period, really good games are popping up everywhere!

Riptide
10-13-03, 03:35 PM
Just finished JA yesterday. I don't think it would be worth $50 and I'm glad I got it for a little less than that. But it was challenging at times if you play it on jedi knight or better difficulty. It wasn't completely boring even though the gfx are a tad dated.

Sazar
10-13-03, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Floruro
After getting Halo, then now Homeworld 2 and Freedom Fighters, i just uninstalled Jedi Academy straight. These new games are so good its crazy. I am picking up Chrome tomorrow, and after playing the demo, i am really looking forward to it. Suddenly after a long dry period, really good games are popping up everywhere!

is chrome a fps or what ?