PDA

View Full Version : Just a little conspiracy theory.

shinrai
10-07-03, 06:31 PM
If you were a well known company that had a "highly" anticipated game that was heavily hyped and due originally for release on Sept 30th 2003 but due to internal production circumstances, that said company could not release the game for another 4 months, how would you handle it?

Would you be honest with the gaming community, say you are sorry for giving such a stupid date and risk extreme anger and possible backlash to the tittle? Or even a law suit from ATI?

OR

Would you fake a situation where you allege that some immature group of spoil sports hacked into you company and stole the source code? But all this time that company released old unfinished code just to throw the community off so the company could claim that due to these bad hackers, it "had" to delay the game. Then who would blame the company since they were innocent and just working their butts off for their beloved gaming community.

I know which one i would go for and i'm not a very cynical person.

Saud
10-07-03, 08:02 PM
Yep- my 1st thought as well. It's all a bunch of BS and they better release a demo soon, or we're gonna have to send Duke Nukem & Terminator to kick some azz.

Oh Damn- forgot Terminator is too busy today terminating Gov davis.... LOL!!!

saturnotaku
10-07-03, 08:06 PM
Christ almighty, why don't you go wrap yourself in aluminum foil and cover your head with a garbage can lid while you're at it.

Conspiracy theories = :lame:

Gargr
10-07-03, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
Christ almighty, why don't you go wrap yourself in aluminum foil and cover your head with a garbage can lid while you're at it.

stfu
Conspiracy theories = ROFL

shinrai
10-07-03, 08:23 PM
saturnotaku, complacency breeds stupidity. Stupidity breeds ignorance and that's exactly what corporations want. People that listen and believe every word they say. After all, a loyal and gulible consumer base makes for great sales.

Thankfully, Nvidia hasn't gotten away with what they've tried to pull recently.

AlphaWolfII
10-07-03, 08:42 PM
For what it's worth, I too think that Valve is pulling a fast one.

For the last 10 years, everywhere I've worked has performed nightly backups. From for profit companies making medical devices to not-for-profits. They all backed up their data. Every day. Heck, I even back up important files on my own PC.

And now we're to believe that a sophisticated group of computer gurus working on a a multi-million dollar project never backed up their own code?

Right.

AWII

Riptide
10-07-03, 09:05 PM
Hey saturnotaku, where was that cubs avatar when you guys were getting your panties handed to you for so many years??? ;)

saturnotaku
10-07-03, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Riptide
Hey saturnotaku, where was that cubs avatar when you guys were getting your panties handed to you for so many years??? ;)

In the closet with me. I've been a die-hard Cubs fan since I was a toddler, back in the days of Rick Sutcliffe and Andre Dawson. :D

ReDeeMeR
10-07-03, 10:18 PM
Ofcourse this isnt the real or full story, have you ever heard "THE REAL" thing about corporate stuff?

I'm surprise G.Newell wasnt askin fan support "We need your support at this sad day, please go and preorder HL2"

GlowStick
10-07-03, 10:58 PM
There is no conspiracy, but what happend dose give them a good excuse, when whops excuse me if, they miss the holaday date.

sytaylor
10-08-03, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by saturnotaku

Very true, wheras theories with proper reasoning, about something not as insignificant as a release date != lame :angel: