PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

casesensitive
10-08-03, 04:29 PM
Would be great if someone could help me out here. Basicaly have upgraded my onboard video to a GeForce FX 5200. Quite pleased that I managed to configure the BIOS and did something in safe mode. Well that got it working but how do I know if it's working right cos Vice City looks like it's been hit by a vortex. Starts okish then just goes stupid. Got the latest drivers and don't know where to go from here. Is there something I can download to test its' performance? Beleave me I have spent a lot of time looking into this. What's more Spinter Cell comes with the card and on 3 discs which are used for loading. Go to play it and it asks for the Play disc! Jeez, I didn't know gaming was this good!

Like I say, any help would be very apreciated.

(case walks away from his computer, not too far mind for he lives in a bedsit, saying softly "should of bought a console should of bought a console...).

mrsabidji
10-08-03, 07:18 PM
Vice City : download the 1.1 patch from RockStar, FXs have all sorts of issues with VC 1.0 .

Splinter Cell : Since you have the original CDs, I guess downloading and installing a nocd crack couldn't be considered as a crime. You may also check which CD is actually labeled "Game CD" or "Play", you never know...

mrsabidji

Rampant CL
10-08-03, 07:46 PM
Oh noes, not the suggesting of waerz!

theultimo
10-08-03, 11:06 PM
/idiot mode on
heh, l33t hax0rs mak 0|_|r 0wn n0-cd crackz......

/idiot mode off
Seriously, check for a play disc or game cd like someone said.

casesensitive
10-09-03, 01:34 PM
So, er, whats a cdcrack? And more to the point where does one download one though more to the point would I recognise one if it hit me in the face? Will try that download from rockstar, cheers for that mrsabidji. The splinter cell cds are simply labled 1-3 and none of them are recognised as the play disc. rampant and ultimo give me some credit, I mean like I haven't asked how to download a mousemat...

theultimo
10-09-03, 03:08 PM
Now did you update the game to the 1.2b patch which fixes some cd recongizing problems? From what i've Googled, the 3rd disc should be the play disc.

casesensitive
10-09-03, 07:14 PM
I've done the rockstar patch and that seems to have sorted out vice city, big big thanks to you all. ultimo, whats the 1.2b patch?

casesensitive
10-09-03, 07:25 PM
found the patch afectionaltly refered to as 1.2b. wish ubisoft had it on their ****king site! oh, the link doesn't work but i'll try again.

Computer: black
monitor: flat
mouse: yes
country of origin: Eire

yeah, think im blending in nicely

theultimo
10-09-03, 09:08 PM
Just in case you hadnt found it yet:

http://www.pregaming.com/download.php?dlid=456&gameid=268