PDA

View Full Version : How much people play NeverWinter Nights?

demonized
10-09-03, 05:39 AM
I've been reading the cats 3.8 feedback forums and notice alot of epople complaining about NWN not working right or something. Anyways, im thinking of getting this game cause im sick of waiting for the Diablo II 1.10 patch. Is the player population more or less than diablo II? I want something to get addicted to while I wait for HL2 and Doom III.

marqmajere
10-09-03, 06:03 AM
Get the game. If you want to play online, find one of the persistant online worlds to play in. The single player alone is worth the money.

rth
10-09-03, 06:34 AM
single player is great. I played it on and off for months.

multiplayer's a bit crap.

mrsabidji
10-09-03, 06:39 AM
Yeah, single player was funny, but I found it kind of repetitive in the end. If you're looking for a good RPG, I'd advise you to give Morrowind a try.

mrsabidji

PS/edit : did anyone here play Dagerfall, by the way ?

demonized
10-09-03, 07:01 AM
Not really interested in the single player portion of the game. I get bored easily. Its the online part im after. I like collecting items and telling people i have 5 of them. How about dungeon siege? hows the multiplayer on this game? A friend of mine recommended Ragnarok online. When I logged in there's was only 500 players:eek: Can you guys recommend a good game thats similar to diablo II?

Chalnoth
10-09-03, 01:10 PM
Diablo II is the best game of its type. If you're looking for something a little bit different, the 1.10 patch which should be out eventually changes many of the game mechanics dramatically. In the mean time, you can play the single-player beta of the 1.10 patch.

But if you want a real RPG, try one of the many great titles to come out of Bioware and Black Isle:

Fallout
Fallout 2
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate 2
Planescape: Torment (highly recommended)
Icewind Dale (less RP, more action)
Icewind Dale 2

And I'm really looking forward to the PC release of Knights of the Old Republic.

tomv
10-09-03, 08:29 PM
it's working fine for me now, even alt tab, though when i hit Alt Tab it seems the drivers think the card has crashed or something and wants me to submit a report to ATI...(but it doesn't crash)other than that it works fine. I'm still in disbelief NWN can lag my card but it does, so I hope that ATI works it out with Bioware or whoever. NWN is a nice game.

demonized
10-10-03, 02:31 AM
How's the multiplayer?

-=DVS=-
10-10-03, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by demonized
How's the multiplayer?

NeverWinter Nights
It depends i don't realy like multiplayer cose in some servers you can get max level in like 10 seconds :/ , and lots of stuff and items practicly for free its no Diablo 2 , items not stored on some secure corporation server...

But some servers are fun if you and bunch of nice people start playing from lvl 1 , killing zombies haveing fun , doesn't happen often but with some effort you can get real blast of FUN :D :drooling:

It runs ok on Radeon , i don't complain , but game was designed on Nvidias code so...........

Chalnoth
10-10-03, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by demonized
How's the multiplayer?
The best thing about NWN isn't necessarily the multiplayer, but rather the custom modules. There are many excellent ones out there.