PDA

View Full Version : JA: Kill the Rankor?

Riptide
10-09-03, 09:21 AM
Can you kill the Rankor in jedi academy? I have thrown my light saber at him for 30 minutes straight and he still won't die. All the prisoners can get out while I keep him tied up but there seems to be no way to kill him.

digitalwanderer
10-09-03, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Riptide
Can you kill the Rankor in jedi academy? I have thrown my light saber at him for 30 minutes straight and he still won't die. All the prisoners can get out while I keep him tied up but there seems to be no way to kill him.
Use your force "Sense" power and you'll be able to see a damage meter floating above the rankors head....he's killable, just REAL tough! (Oh, and if you kill him another one spawns and a new one spawns every time you kill one. :eek: )

Riptide
10-09-03, 09:30 AM
Thanks DW, I'll try that next time I go back and replay that level.

digitalwanderer
10-09-03, 09:44 AM
I just re-installed JA last night to play around with some of the SmartShaders. Try it in "sketch" for a kick, and I double-dare ya to try and play it in ASCII green! (It takes a while to get the hang of it in ASCII green... ;) )

Sazar
10-09-03, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
I just re-installed JA last night to play around with some of the SmartShaders. Try it in "sketch" for a kick, and I double-dare ya to try and play it in ASCII green! (It takes a while to get the hang of it in ASCII green... ;) )

I would do that if I still had that POS... :)

traded it in from tron 2.0... best move I ever made with games...

digitalwanderer
10-09-03, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Sazar
I would do that if I still had that POS... :)

traded it in from tron 2.0... best move I ever made with games...
You like Tron 2.0? I haven't heard a lot good about it, talk me into trying it. :cool:

Pafet
10-09-03, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer

:eek: can you take some screenshots? it sounds cool :cool:

ToxicFool
10-09-03, 05:34 PM
Yes post screens. My laptop can't play games :(

Ahem I mean I hate alaska :mad:

Riptide
10-10-03, 09:02 AM
I just got to a spot where you run into a disciple of ragnos who wields two light sabres at the same time. This is in vader's castle... Damn, this guy is tough to beat. I haven't got by him yet. I'm finding it difficult to get past his defenses since he's got TWO frickin light sabres to use. :(

digitalwanderer
10-10-03, 09:24 AM
I just got to a spot where you run into a disciple of ragnos who wields two light sabres at the same time. This is in vader's castle... Damn, this guy is tough to beat. I haven't got by him yet. I'm finding it difficult to get past his defenses since he's got TWO frickin light sabres to use. :(
Hint: "Speed"

Riptide
10-10-03, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the tip. I'm going to try to get this thing finished on monday. I work at a bank so I have it off. :D

digitalwanderer
10-10-03, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the tip. I'm going to try to get this thing finished on monday. I work at a bank so I have it off. :D
People who work at banks have Monday off? Why? (This is NOT an academic question for me....)

Riptide
10-10-03, 07:52 PM
Columbus day, mi amigo! :D

digitalwanderer
10-10-03, 07:58 PM
Columbus day, mi amigo! :D
Woo-hoo! That means me Mum has the day off and I can impose some quality baby-sitting time on her!!! :D