PDA

View Full Version : Fed up with this bug....

Th3 ProphetMan
10-10-03, 04:42 PM
This is a bug that applies to Direct3D games only. My video card is a Creative 3D Blaster 5 FX5200. In the image, you can see that all decals (bullet holes, blood stains) have their vertexes displaced. the result is quite disgusting in max payne, but in other games, as ut2003, in which not only decals are affected, it makes it unplayable. :mad:

In openGL there's no problem. I have tried lots of detonators between 43.xx to 52.13 , and also lots of tweaks, different detail configuration, riva tunner...

Please i NEED help i dunno what else to do...

SmuvMoney
10-10-03, 06:27 PM
Check if you can change Alternate Pixel Center under D3D. This is what it looks like at first glance. If it's on, turn it off. If it is off, then turn it on just to see what happens.

Th3 ProphetMan
10-10-03, 06:28 PM
where do it turn that on/off from? :?

Greg
10-11-03, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Th3 ProphetMan
where do it turn that on/off from? :?

You can adjust the pixel coordinate origin here: Start->Control Panel->Display->Settings(tab)->Advanced(button)->GeforceFX(tab)->MoreDirect3D-> ??? (Hmm?, seems to be missing in my driver.)

Well, that's where it usually is, and you may need the 'coolbits' registry entry to even get access to it.

But I don't think that is the problem. That is a weird image you have there. Pixel origin problems usually look like 0.5-1 pixel gaps or lines, particularly in on screen text or interface graphics. In fact the reason the option is in the driver is to help ancient games (were're talking DirectX3-6) that miscalculated their texel and pixel coordinates. Way back then, a number of HW manufacturers had bugs in their drivers or hardware that made it hard to get the corodinates to look seemless when drawn as tiles.

That's a pretty wacky problem. Does it only happen in Max Payne? Try another driver version, like a real old one, and a new beta one. Also check for patches for the game.