PDA

View Full Version : give me back my fog


Mullins1060
10-10-03, 04:17 PM
i play sof2 as my main game, and i am forced to use thde 44.03 drivers as they are the latest drivers that render the fog :/ now i just bought halo and im getting really bad fps in that and people are saying that geting the 52.13 drivers will increased fps, but there aint any fog in sof2, now when will nvidia get their finger out of thier arse and add back the fog into the drivers :/

im getting to the end of my tolerance limits here :(

AngelGraves13
10-10-03, 04:43 PM
I've heard that the 52.13 HAVE fog.

The Baron
10-10-03, 04:44 PM
as have I. and off to Detonator Drivers this goes!

mrsabidji
10-10-03, 05:37 PM
It's a beta driver anyway, which basically means it's not bug-free.

mrsabidji

AngelGraves13
10-10-03, 05:46 PM
well if it works who cares about the other bugs as long as they don't affect you?

Greg
10-10-03, 08:01 PM
Please, take some of my fog. Jedi Knight Academy is almost 100% fogged for me in one level, I can't see further than a foot in front of me. :(

Greg
10-10-03, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Greg
Please, take some of my fog. Jedi Knight Academy is almost 100% fogged for me in one level, I can't see further than a foot in front of me. :(

Here's a screen. Another game also had 100% fog, Silent Storm I think. I had to run it in 16bit color to see a thing.

EDIT: Removed almost solid blue fog image. Problem is now fixed in later 50x drivers.

jAkUp
10-10-03, 10:41 PM
wait for the official release;)

Greg
10-11-03, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by jAkUp
wait for the official release;)

Indeed. The fog issues are a known problem that will be fixed in the official release.

Mullins1060
10-11-03, 03:12 AM
well i hope so :) i tried finding a nvidia contact email but with no sucess :), and i had that thing where i cudnt see more than 1mm infront of my nose with thos 52.13 in sof2 but i thought that was a driver bug not too much fog :/

StealthHawk
10-11-03, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by jAkUp
wait for the official release;)

What official release? It keeps getting pushed baaaaack.

Seeing 5 month old threads saying the Det50s will be out "soon" make me smile :p

aapo
10-11-03, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by StealthHawk
Seeing 5 month old threads saying the Det50s will be out "soon" make me smile :p

Poor nVidia driver programmers. :( They must be under a lot of stress with the NV3x hardware. I hope they get paid well in the end.

SuLinUX
10-11-03, 05:33 PM
More time they take better they will be, i'm not spoiling it by getting them 50xx beta's.

Shion Uzuki
10-14-03, 12:10 AM
I have to say the Det 52.13 is pretty darn good. The programeers are really talented IMO, given the fact that they have to program the NV3x that are inferior to the R3x0 architectural wise, but have to outperform them.

Although the IQ is still inferiour, it is more than acceptable to me, simply because the performance boost is so huge!

Reaper106
10-14-03, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by StealthHawk
What official release? It keeps getting pushed baaaaack.

Seeing 5 month old threads saying the Det50s will be out "soon" make me smile :p


It makes me cry:cry:

Tsunami
10-16-03, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Shion Uzuki
I have to say the Det 52.13 is pretty darn good. The programeers are really talented IMO, given the fact that they have to program the NV3x that are inferior to the R3x0 architectural wise, but have to outperform them.

Although the IQ is still inferiour, it is more than acceptable to me, simply because the performance boost is so huge!

not much difference in IQ between the 52.13's and the 45.23's especially low difference considering the performance increase like you said.
The fact that they had to use tests to see the difference because they couldn't find any IQ drops ingame sais it all anyway

Mullins1060
10-19-03, 06:48 AM
:( still no fog in 52.14 :/ i really do hope they fix this in the official release, this bug has been around since all the versions after 44.03 how long does it take to fix, (or add the code back into the drivers that renders fog)

Alan_HU
10-19-03, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Shion Uzuki
I have to say the Det 52.13 is pretty darn good. The programeers are really talented IMO, given the fact that they have to program the NV3x that are inferior to the R3x0 architectural wise, but have to outperform them.

Although the IQ is still inferiour, it is more than acceptable to me, simply because the performance boost is so huge!

I am using the 52.13's with an Asus 9560 Video Suite (FX5600), and the speedup is just not there.

I have only seen one single application, nVidia's initial DX8 framework demo (nvsimple.exe) deliver significantly faster performance (49 MTris/s vs 28 MTris/s with the 44.03 driver set), all the rest is pretty much the same, give or take 2-3%. I must add that this comes at a price of unbearably crackling sound output when the app is running.

As to what this performance level represents, my old Radeon 9500 128 MB ( I sold it because it had no dual DVI) gave 130 MTris/s in the same test (in its unhacked, unoverclocked state).

Talk about abysmal performance.

All in all, though, I don't really care because I don't need fast 3D for my job, and the FX5600's dual DVI output is sweet.

trungracingdev
10-19-03, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Tsunami
not much difference in IQ between the 52.13's and the 45.23's especially low difference considering the performance increase like you said.
The fact that they had to use tests to see the difference because they couldn't find any IQ drops ingame sais it all anyway

If I paid close to 500 bucks for a card...this is very unacceptable...

Mullins1060
10-19-03, 04:42 PM
WOOOHOOOO! the 52.16 have fog in q3 engine games :) ty nvidia

kraigc
10-19-03, 08:42 PM
52.14 helps the fog issue in Jedi Academy