PDA

View Full Version : Oops..hexus.net and NDA (NV36)


Pages : [1] 2

DMA
10-15-03, 09:33 AM
Guess you'll have to read their review on the 9600XT before it's edited :)


With the HEXUS NVIDIA GeForceFX 5600 Ultra v2 being elsewhere and our Radeon 9600 Pro in transit down to deepest darkest Oxfordshire, I had to pluck something a little sneaky from my graphics card pile to test against.
As far as NDA is concerned, the mid range card rival in the graphs doesn't exist just yet, but it doesn't take too many smarts to figure out what it is. It comes out soon. Maybe two GeForce FX 2850 Ultra's stuck together or something?


9600XT review@hexus (http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review.php?dXJsX3Jldmlld19JRD02NDQmdXJsX3BhZ2U9MQ= =)

Overclocked NV36 is a different matter, that thing does even sillier speeds (how does 595/1050 stable sound?)

ragejg
10-15-03, 09:59 AM
:bugeyes:

wow they *both* OC to CRAAAAZY speeds...

5700 smells like a reworked 5800... that's a good thing IMO...

The Baron
10-15-03, 10:00 AM
Stealth, do I win the NV36 Bet?

Hellbinder
10-15-03, 10:39 AM
hmmm. Being that Anadn says this...

We're wary of making a final recommendation for this segment right now because of the fact that the 5700 Ultra is right around the corner; we haven't heard anything about its performance relative to the 9600 XT so only time will tell. However if you are going to go the 9700 Pro route we mentioned above then feel free to pull the trigger, as the 5700 Ultra shouldn't be able to outperform the 9700 Pro

I find it a little odd that this nobody site would have an Nv36 in the house already. Maybe im wrong. Especially one that supposedly tosses the NDA out the window. :rolleyes:

At any rate supposing those numbers are True. If the Card is 300$ and the 9600XT is 199$ its hardly the same Price range now is it. :rolleyes:

PaleGreen
10-15-03, 10:40 AM
A very impressive showing by NV36! I'm looking forward to the full review.

TheOneKEA
10-15-03, 10:45 AM
Did you see the [H]'s overclocking attempts with their N-QS Radeon 9600XT?

Get ready.......

600 CORE/315 MEM!!!1!!1!!!111ONEONE

And that's with 3.3ns memory and no ramsinks!

Hellbinder
10-15-03, 10:47 AM
One more thing.. Sure is nice to see some of these web site finally start to re-emerge with their True colors.. Green Green green.

Breaking NDA (supposedly) to completely Spoil a 9600XT product review.. with a Supposed unreleased Nvidia card on Unreleased Drivers on a specifi set of benchmarks that have always more or less favored Nvidia.

Nice work. Are they going to show the theoretical R420 numbers in their Nv38 Review.. :rolleyes: I would say NO.

This is exactly the Kind of crap that I thought the internet sites were getting past. Such extreme Nvidia Favrotism and bias is *SICKENING*. It would apprear that the underlying Bias in so many sites has only been Supressed.

It is completely Sad to see that nothing has really changed. Sites will still go out of their way to give Nvidia as much an advantage as possible regardless of the cost or what it is.

Pretty Sad.

ragejg
10-15-03, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Hellbinder
hmmm. Being that Anadn says this...

I find it a little odd that this nobody site would have an Nv36 in the house already. Maybe im wrong. Especially one that supposedly tosses the NDA out the window. :rolleyes:

At any rate supposing those numbers are True. If the Card is 300$ and the 9600XT is 199$ its hardly the same Price range now is it. :rolleyes:

"nobody site"??

That's so nice, HB... I think a lot of us happen to respect Hexus...

:-l

TheOneKEA
10-15-03, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Hellbinder
One more thing.. Sure is nice to see some of these web site finally start to re-emerge with their True colors.. Green Green green.

Breaking NDA (supposedly) to completely Spoil a 9600XT product review.. with a Supposed unreleased Nvidia card on Unreleased Drivers on a specifi set of benchmarks that have always more or less favored Nvidia.

Nice work. Are they going to show the theoretical R420 numbers in their Nv38 Review.. :rolleyes: I would say NO.

This is exactly the Kind of crap that I thought the internet sites were getting past. Such extreme Nvidia Favrotism and bias is *SICKENING*. It would apprear that the underlying Bias in so many sites has only been Supressed.

It is completely Sad to see that nothing has really changed. Sites will still go out of their way to give Nvidia as much an advantage as possible regardless of the cost or what it is.

Pretty Sad.

But WHY, Hellbinder? WHY would these sites want to do something like that? Why do you see such rampant NVIDIA favoritism?

Hellbinder
10-15-03, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by ragejg
"nobody site"??

That's so nice, HB... I think a lot of us happen to respect Hexus...

:-l
Hmmm.. You respect this kind of reviewing eh? interesting.

My comment that in comparrison Nexus is small potatoes compared to Anand. I simply found it hard to believe that they would get an Nv36 before anand. Of course from what lars said it would appear that Some people may already have the card.

Hey, the 5700 may be a great card. But what the hell is it doing with unreleased drivers before its NDA is up in a 9600XT review where at every chance it is singled out and praised more than the official card being reviewed? I believe if im not mistaken, remember that Nexus has a pretty strong history of having benchmarks, opinions etc.. that are pretty mcuh along a single party line.

Which of course makes sense as to why people from *Nvnews* would have a lot of respect for them.

Myself. I prefer HONEST Journalism.

Like I said above.. If the 5700 is priced at 199$ then we have a winner. if it is priced at 300$ then its not even in the same market and has NO BUSINESS AT ALL in this review. Considering its core and Ram clocks I have serious serious Doubts that the card will be anywhere near 199$.

Hellbinder
10-15-03, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by TheOneKEA
But WHY, Hellbinder? WHY would these sites want to do something like that? Why do you see such rampant NVIDIA favoritism?
I have no idea... its a real e-Nigma..

I suppose that 3 years ago there was a real reason to give Nvidia the lionshare. Times have changed and so has Nvidia.

Richthofen
10-15-03, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Hellbinder
One more thing.. Sure is nice to see some of these web site finally start to re-emerge with their True colors.. Green Green green.

Breaking NDA (supposedly) to completely Spoil a 9600XT product review.. with a Supposed unreleased Nvidia card on Unreleased Drivers on a specifi set of benchmarks that have always more or less favored Nvidia.

Nice work. Are they going to show the theoretical R420 numbers in their Nv38 Review.. :rolleyes: I would say NO.

This is exactly the Kind of crap that I thought the internet sites were getting past. Such extreme Nvidia Favrotism and bias is *SICKENING*. It would apprear that the underlying Bias in so many sites has only been Supressed.

It is completely Sad to see that nothing has really changed. Sites will still go out of their way to give Nvidia as much an advantage as possible regardless of the cost or what it is.

Pretty Sad.

well who was it again showing benchmarks of an unreleased DX9 game to favor ATI?
Really you are boring me.

Don't listen to his nonsense that is all i can say.
If hexus did not sign an NDA then its up to them to put out some benchmarks.
Although i will wait for the final launch it seems that NV36 will be a nice product and i will suggest everyone who wants to buy a card in that pricerange during the next weeks to wait until NV36 is out and everything is on the table.
Right now ATI has the lead in the mainstream segment but the improvements over the R9600pro are a littlebit disappointing and far away from 9700pro speeds, like what ATI stated some weeks ago.

Will be interesing to see who has the best mainstream product in the near future and of course to see which process or manufacturer is better.
TSMC or IBM.

Richthofen
10-15-03, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Hellbinder

Like I said above.. If the 5700 is priced at 199$ then we have a winner. if it is priced at 300$ then its not even in the same market and has NO BUSINESS AT ALL in this review. Considering its core and Ram clocks I have serious serious Doubts that the card will be anywhere near 199$.

It won't be 300$. The NV35 value costs less and trashes ATIs and Nvidias mainstream offering. No way a NV36 will cost 300$.
I can have a NV35 value card from leadtek for 220
with 400 MHZ core and 350 MHZ DDR on a 256bit memory interface

Hellbinder
10-15-03, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Richthofen
well who was it again showing benchmarks of an unreleased DX9 game to favor ATI?
Really you are boring me.

Don't listen to his nonsense that is all i can say.
If hexus did not sign an NDA then its up to them to put out some benchmarks.
Although i will wait for the final launch it seems that NV36 will be a nice product and i will suggest everyone who wants to buy a card in that pricerange during the next week to wait until NV36 is out and everything is on the table.
Right now ATI has the lead in the mainstream segment but the improvements over the R9600pro are a littleit disappointing and far away from 9700pro speeds, like what ATI stated some weeks ago.

Will be interesing to see who has the best mainstream product in the near future and of course to see which process or manufacturer is better.
TSMC or IBM.
Oh so the unreleased DX9 game is somhow different from the results of all the other DX9 games? :rolleyes: It was also shown by several hardware sites. This is somehow the same thing as this or the Controled Doom-III Demo? Please...

It is really funny that people who actually ARE spewing nonsense or completey invalid unrelated comparrisons to Justify CRAP are accusing me of spewing nonsense.. :rolleyes:

I agree with you that the 9600XT is not necessarily what it should have been. i think 500/400 is what it Should have been. *EXCEPT* for this.

Its Priced at 199$.

Again.. if the 5700 is priced at 199$ then its at least a valid comparrison. If its priced at the 300$ mark then its not a valid comparrison.

Richthofen
10-15-03, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Hellbinder
Oh so the unreleased DX9 game is somhow different from the results of all the other DX9 games? :rolleyes: It was also shown by several hardware sites. This is somehow the same thing as this or the Controled Doom-III Demo? Please...

It is really funny that people who actually ARE spewing nonsense or completey invalid unrelated comparrisons to Justify CRAP are accusing me of spewing nonsense.. :rolleyes:

I agree with you that the 9600XT is not necessarily what it should have been. i think 500/400 is what it Should have been. *EXCEPT* for this.

Its Priced at 199$.

Again.. if the 5700 is priced at 199$ then its at least a valid comparrison. If its priced at the 300$ mark then its not a valid comparrison.

well you are missing something.
Nvidias brand is still stronger and i and of course the majority of customers is still willing to paye some extra ammount of money for a Nvidia card.
Same with Intel.
Thats the way business goes.
ATI has to deliver more for the same price. So if the FX5700 is @ 230$ it's still valid.
That is the advantage of beeing the market share leader.

That's life no matter if its fair or not. I don't care.

mikechai
10-15-03, 11:25 AM
NV36 is going to be priced at $199.

Paul
10-15-03, 11:36 AM
It's another thread with the same people and the same themes. nVidia sucks, the sites are being shafted by nVidia, nVidia can do no right, ATi can do no wrong, everything is perfect with ATi, anything ATi is beaten in is sickening and obviously a cheat, the whole thing is disguting, i'm outraged but continue to visit these sites every day, nVidia is dead long live ATi, [H] has no backbone, sites which show nV beating ATi are small fry and don't count, breaking nV NDA is wrong, but it's okay to break ATi NDA because ATi rock and are in fact god, here to help purge the earth of the evil nVidia overlords, the 9600XT problems some people are having with fans, errors etc. are just one of those things(tm), but if it's nVidia then it's because they're cutting corners with shoddy manufacturing processes because they're satan, and did i mention how much you suck for letting nV rip you a new one again, oh god can't you see the corruption, you're an nVidiot because you're not preaching about ATi every chance you get

blah blah blah blah BLAH BLAH

Richthofen
10-15-03, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Paul
It's another thread with the same people and the same themes. nVidia sucks, the sites are being shafted by nVidia, nVidia can do no right, ATi can do no wrong, everything is perfect with ATi, anything ATi is beaten in is sickening and obviously a cheat, the whole thing is disguting, i'm outraged but continue to visit these sites every day, nVidia is dead long live ATi, [H] has no backbone, sites which show nV beating ATi are small fry and don't count, breaking nV NDA is wrong, but it's okay to break ATi NDA because ATi rock and are in fact god, here to help purge the earth of the evil nVidia overlords, the 9600XT problems some people are having with fans, errors etc. are just one of those things(tm), but if it's nVidia then it's because they're cutting corners with shoddy manufacturing processes because they're satan, and did i mention how much you suck for letting nV rip you a new one again, oh god can't you see the corruption, you're an nVidiot because you're not preaching about ATi every chance you get

blah blah blah blah BLAH BLAH

thx dude that is what i wanted to say about his comments.
But you should visit the rage3d forum because now as [H] did not include benchmarks from 50xx drivers because they are not official he is god over there :)
Pretty interesting to see. I can't wait to see when the time comes that [H] favores a Nvidia product over an ATI product. I would guess that then he is a liar, a bastard, a nvidia fanboy... well whatever :)
ATI is such a nice company. Their developer presentations are so sweet. They know what is good for us! :)

really what a laugh. All they wanna do is get the money of those freakin fanatics @ the rage3d forum They as a company give a damn **** about their customers. Of course Nvidia wants the same from us but at least me and most people here know that :)

Hellbinder
10-15-03, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Richthofen
It won't be 300$. The NV35 value costs less and trashes ATIs and Nvidias mainstream offering. No way a NV36 will cost 300$.
I can have a NV35 value card from leadtek for 220
with 400 MHZ core and 350 MHZ DDR on a 256bit memory interface
yes you are right.. According to Pricewatch the FX products are all comming down in Price pretty Heavily. At retail chanels like Best Buy they are still almost 300$. At retail they are hovering at.. 274$

The 9600pros are currently sitting at.. 179$ Retail and 120$ for the 9600pro 256 card on Price watch. Still a big Big Difference.

Considering that the 5900's and 5600's are being replaced.. i would imagine that the 5700 is going to priced at least at 250$ retail.

But well see. Who knows if it does end up to be the killer Card with a Killer price and a lack of total Hacked up cheating Drivers.. I may pick one up just to mess around with.

OWA
10-15-03, 12:20 PM
Hmmm....

I find it odd that HB would now be quoting Anand as a legitimate source of information after thoroughly crucifying him in his last review and mentioning taking his reviews and comments and such with a grain of salt. So, which is it or does your view just happen to change with whatever point you're trying to make?

Toaster
10-15-03, 12:24 PM
The 52.16 drivers were certified last night - and we have a WHQL set sitting on our FTP as well as on my desktop.

Interesting, does this mean NV will release them (very) soon? It's about time we start seeing some official 50 dets released to the public.

Kev1
10-15-03, 12:32 PM
From Newegg for $230 dollars or so. There are 3 of them less than $255. These cards have 128 megs ram and 256 bit memory.

I'm thinking that unless the GFFX 5700 performs better than these cards, it should cost less money.

The thing is that maybe it will perform better. I guess soon we will know. It will be an interesting Xmas season for video card upgrades :thumbsup:

Hellbinder
10-15-03, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Paul
It's another thread with the same people and the same themes. nVidia sucks, the sites are being shafted by nVidia, nVidia can do no right, ATi can do no wrong, everything is perfect with ATi, anything ATi is beaten in is sickening and obviously a cheat, the whole thing is disguting, i'm outraged but continue to visit these sites every day, nVidia is dead long live ATi, [H] has no backbone, sites which show nV beating ATi are small fry and don't count, breaking nV NDA is wrong, but it's okay to break ATi NDA because ATi rock and are in fact god, here to help purge the earth of the evil nVidia overlords, the 9600XT problems some people are having with fans, errors etc. are just one of those things(tm), but if it's nVidia then it's because they're cutting corners with shoddy manufacturing processes because they're satan, and did i mention how much you suck for letting nV rip you a new one again, oh god can't you see the corruption, you're an nVidiot because you're not preaching about ATi every chance you get

blah blah blah blah BLAH BLAH
Come on.. this post is so full of the typical Nvidia biased Generalizations, Misinformation, half-Truths etc.. its not even Funny. yes this is what is so Frustrating.

It is really FRUSTRATING that you guys will Just ignore one Fould practice and thing that happens after the next and slam the people who DO stand up for whats right. You are absolutly Right. It is the same people in *every thread*. Guess what. Either you guys need to get with what is Fair and Right.. Or Nvdia and some of these Web sites need to start doing Honest Fair Reviews, with Honest FAIR practives. Then People like me will shut upo about it and Sing the praises of Nvidia right along with the rest of you.

Hellbinder
10-15-03, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by OWA
Hmmm....

I find it odd that HB would now be quoting Anand as a legitimate source of information after thoroughly crucifying him in his last review and mentioning taking his reviews and comments and such with a grain of salt. So, which is it or does your view just happen to change with whatever point you're trying to make?
I did not Quote him as a "Legit Source of information"... I Qutoed him as a Mega tech site that apparently had not recieved an Nv36 yet. Which i found odd that Hexus would recieve one before them.

I did not make any other reference to their Review, or numbers, or anything.

It is so ironically similar that the Nvidia Fans Bend and Twist information as they see fit just the same way Nvidia does.

Richthofen
10-15-03, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Hellbinder
I did not Quote him as a "Legit Source of information"... I Qutoed him as a Mega tech site that apparently had not recieved an Nv36 yet. Which i found odd that Hexus would recieve one before them.

I did not make any other reference to their Review, or numbers, or anything.

It is so ironically similar that the Nvidia Fans Bend and Twist information as they see fit just the same way Nvidia does.

maybe Anand has one but did not give out any comments on that and maybe hexus did not sign a NDA.
The fact that hexus has one and anand did not mention one or has none, says nothing.