PDA

View Full Version : Help removing video card fan.....

Justin21
10-17-03, 01:23 PM
the card is an asus ti4200 now the problem is i got the pins off but the old headsink is being held on by some thermal adhesive or something cause it wont budge. any sugestions?

digitalwanderer
10-17-03, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Justin21
the card is an asus ti4200 now the problem is i got the pins off but the old headsink is being held on by some thermal adhesive or something cause it wont budge. any sugestions?
Yeah, pop it in your freezer for about an hour and then use an old credit card to pry it off. :)

Justin21
10-17-03, 03:26 PM
ya i just did that thanx dig and i heard about your misfortune hope you're feeling better

digitalwanderer
10-17-03, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Justin21
ya i just did that thanx dig and i heard about your misfortune hope you're feeling better
I feel great! I just kind of suck at the whole "take it easy for a while"-thing, but I'm learning. :)

Rytr
10-17-03, 04:38 PM
Justin21 glad you got it off OK! I know it sounds kinda silly but it works. Done it numerous times but you always want to be a little careful as I have heard of ram modules coming off with the sinks that have been expoxied on. Never have seen a gpu pop off with the sink using this method tho.

DW, glad to hear you are doing well! From people I know it kind of gives them a new perspective on life, especially on cutting out the smokes.