PDA

View Full Version : Sideband Addressing

hairytash
10-19-03, 04:57 AM
I need to disable sideband addressing permenently. Ive tried in Display Properties\Advanced (coolbits tweak) but after a reboot its re-enabled is there a registry setting or some other way to permenently disable it as i have no option in bios

pgn.inertia
10-19-03, 05:24 AM
Why do you have to disable SA then?

Anyway, try NVHardPage (http://www.guru3d.com/nvhardpage/) and activate the AGP options tab.

Good luck...

hairytash
10-19-03, 06:55 AM
I have to disable sideband addressing so that i can play games without crashing to desktop every 20 mins. NVHard Page is only activating the tweaks i have already got activated. The problem is after a reboot sideband addressing turns itself back on.
What id like is a registry key that would (hopefully permenently) disable it

SurfMonkey
10-19-03, 07:11 AM
It should appear as an option under the advanced chipset, or similar heading, in your BIOS. Since it is controlled by the BIOS an not by windoze it will always reset after each reboot unless you switch it off.

Though it can cause instability on certain setups its not usually the main cause of drop outs, more commonly it causes lockups.

Dazz
10-19-03, 07:13 AM
Thats what i said but removed my post because thats Fast writes thats in the BIOS.

SurfMonkey
10-19-03, 10:01 AM
Weird, I have access to fast-writes and SBA. Some mother boards automatically enable it if your card supports it and you may not have access to its settings.

Depends what make of MB it is I guess.

hairytash
10-19-03, 07:53 PM
Yeah its a gigabyte mobo i have access to fastwrites but not sba, I thought there may be a registry key to turn it off every time windows loads up.
Its just annoying when I forget to turn it off, start getting into a game only to crash out.

PicanteGamer
10-20-03, 03:17 PM
I have a completly oppisite problem. For some reason I can't enable sba even though I know my mobo and video card support it. The NVIDIA control panel acts like the OS doesn't support it...I'm running XP Professional, with a PNY GeForce FX 5600 Ultra. I'm using the new Detonator 52.16s.

Attached is an image of the AGP page of the NVIDIA control panel.