PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

jonjay
10-21-03, 04:03 PM
Hello,

I am currently selling my Leadtek GF4 ti4200 to a friend for £50. However I am in a predicament as to what card I should purchase and whether the time is right to buy a graphics card.

I have been eyeing up the Herculesís 9800np as it has a copper heatsink fan and copper ramsinkís. I correct in thinking that it will overclock better than other 9800np's? Or is there any other card I should be considering for similar money? Furthermore my brother has advised me to wait, as there is not a lot games out currently that really take full advantage of DX9 apart from Max Payne 2 and Halo to a certain extent. Should I wait and see what happens? What would you lot do?

One thing I have come to a conclusion is to sell my aging gfx card, as 50 quid is a bargin.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Many thanks

//jonjay

nVidi0t
10-21-03, 04:11 PM
Well, it's not really the best time to buy a card, with the new NV38 and 9800XT offerings not really bumping down the price of the 5900 or 9800 Pro at all. If I were you I would have kept the Ti4200 until Feb/March next year and then see how things look.

The Baron
10-21-03, 04:11 PM
Hmmm. Max Payne 2 isn't really DX9.

Is it the right time? I'd say no, simply because a Ti4200 is still enough and the Next Generation is around the corner.

Although, the 9800 non-pro, if you can find one (more difficult than you'd think, generally), is a hella sweet card and should last you for at least a year or two.

The Baron
10-21-03, 04:12 PM
It's like we posted the same thing at the same time.

SCARY.

nVidi0t
10-21-03, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
It's like we posted the same thing at the same time.

SCARY.

I did the exact same thing with another member a while ago in another thread here, but we said basically EXACTLY the same thing.. hmm.. cant remember who it was though.

The Baron
10-21-03, 04:28 PM
PS: Wrap your sig. It bothers me.

nVidi0t
10-21-03, 04:37 PM
PS: Wrap your sig. It bothers me.

How? [WRAP tags?

The Baron
10-21-03, 04:38 PM
Just don't use line breaks. Use a character to separate the stuff instead (look at my sig, or DVS, or GlowStick's, or someone's)

nVidi0t
10-21-03, 04:40 PM
Just don't use line breaks. Use a character to separate the stuff instead (look at my sig, or DVS, or GlowStick's, or someone's)

I see. Cheers.

The Baron
10-21-03, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by nVidi0t
I see. Cheers.
I love you so very very much. I didn't have to send hate mail PMs to get you to make your sig shorter.

If there are Forum Cookies or Brownie Points or Something Like That, you just earned six thousand.

nVidi0t
10-21-03, 04:53 PM
I love you so very very much. I didn't have to send hate mail PMs to get you to make your sig shorter.

If there are Forum Cookies or Brownie Points or Something Like That, you just earned six thousand.

:Dhttp://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/images/icons/icon14.gif