PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind stutter problem not fixed in final 52.16 version.

biggles2120
10-23-03, 02:28 PM
That stutter problem that occurs upon intially panning around a new area is still there and very noticible in the 52.16 drivers. I've tried all sorts of tweaks, lowering quality and underclocking and nothing works. 45.XX series of drivers did not have this problem.

Come on Nvidia. I don't want to have to switch back and forth between drivers when I want to play DX8 and DX9 games. This is unexceptible! Fix the problem. Leak us a beta driver... whatever. Just fix it.

Morrowind owners need to speak up or we might get ignored. I know I'm not the only person having this problem in Morrowind.

pars_andy
10-23-03, 04:50 PM
Have you tried defragmenting?

The Baron
10-23-03, 04:51 PM
Did you run Drivercleaner?

biggles2120
10-23-03, 05:26 PM
All previous 45/40.xx drivers work fine. Yes, I've done all of the things you have recommended and more. I'm not the only person having problems with morrowind and 52.xx. Search the forums. This is definetly a driver issue with the 52.xx set. It kind of pisses me off that Nvidia didn't list this as an issue in their driver readme seeing how people have been complaining about this bug ever since the 50.xx first appeared.

kmf
10-23-03, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by biggles2120
All previous 45/40.xx drivers work fine. Yes, I've done all of the things you have recommended and more. I'm not the only person having problems with morrowind and 52.xx. Search the forums. This is definetly a driver issue with the 52.xx set. It kind of pisses me off that Nvidia didn't list this as an issue in their driver readme seeing how people have been complaining about this bug ever since the 50.xx first appeared.

i have the same problem with morrowind, im going to try and uninstall and reinstall the game. its likly that its still configured for the older drivers.

biggles2120
10-23-03, 06:25 PM
I even completly rebuilt my PC. Fdisk'd, Formatted, installed XP pro with latest updates, drivers and then tweaked out my PC. Problem is fixed if I roll back to an earlier driver. 45.32 or earlier works well.

Looks like people on the elderscrolls forum are having the same problem.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1890628&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1

demiurge
10-23-03, 09:40 PM
I just tried morrowind with the new drivers and I have the same errors. When scanning a new area, the game lags. Also, going into the menus and investigating containers in the world is much slower than in the previous drivers. The 3d performance while wandering the world does seem slightly faster, but this does not make up for the much slower menu performance.