PDA

View Full Version : AMD or Intel?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

SavagePaladin
08-06-02, 11:21 PM
my AMD system did run really quiet, but you know what? I've not been using a good enough power supply from the beginning. If I'd had a decent one, I know it'd be fine.
Now it's noisy.
I can't blame AMD for that.
My case is ****e too.
Next system I build will be AMD...and less shoddy built in that direction :P

StealthHawk
08-07-02, 12:32 AM
what power suppy were you using?

SavagePaladin
08-07-02, 06:28 AM
the generic thingy that came with my case...which is from codegen :p (I actually bought it back in the days of my athlon 600. didn't think about this crap :p ) (and yes, its 300w)

mcortz_2000
08-07-02, 01:51 PM
U were really lucky to have a quiet AMD system. Were u using water cooling or something better(extremely sarcastic).
NO seriously on average AMD systems are noisier. The cpu fans run at a far higher rpm as wel all know. Simple as that. U can argue all u want. I have many friends with AMD and i have had many AMD systems.

Dirty-Harry
08-16-02, 04:05 PM
Man... I can't believe some of the bickering. "Intel is an evil money grabbing Corp" or "AMD is the little child". Please people, realize that with both companies around, the winner is us, the consumer. Grant it, I'm pissed that most of the OEM's out there offer only Intel machines; but most of us here build our own systems, so we can chose whichever chip we want.

As for you overclockers... I'll never understand you guys. Maybe 5 or 6 years ago, but today... please, I prefer a quiet computer. I don't want to here a scream fan over my vacuum. I guess this is my choice, some of you chose to OC and thats okay.

Oh, BTW... I pick AMD all the way. I don't care if Intel has the raw CPU speed lead.

StealthHawk
08-16-02, 08:32 PM
hey, with video cards getting CPU limited at higher and higher resolutions, it makes more sense to overclock. jus 2 years ago 640X480 was the only CPU limited res(for engines that aren't wholly CPU limited like UT). now it's easily 1024. and with R9700, perhaps even higher :D

-=DVS=-
08-16-02, 08:39 PM
GO MACINTOSH GO :D :D