PDA

View Full Version : ForeWare Problems

Pages : [1] 2

wayubb
10-23-03, 10:20 PM
Hi there I am new tothese boards, I have a problem I have a geforce fx 5600 card and downloaded the new Foreware drivers today. I am using a Asus A7N8X NForce 2 Board and an amd 2800 chip. with 1gig of pc 2700 mem on dual timing.

So my problem is after installing the drivers after the winxp flash screen loads I get a brief blue screen of death look to be some memory dump of some sort but its so quick then system reboots.

So i reverted back to the older drivers no problem.

So I am assuming it is some sort of conflict with my system and the new drivers. Has anyone else had a similiar issue with these drivers?

this is the first time a nvidia driver has done this to me.

Thanks in advance.

ricercar
10-23-03, 11:01 PM
So far, in under 2 hours of testing, Forceware 52.16 crashed my nForce1 the first time I opened the nForce control Panel, but has not repeated this, nor has 52.16 crashed my nForce2 systems. I'll be watching my A7N8X Deluxe to see if it develops a problem like yours.

Originally posted by wayubb
I get a brief blue screen of death look to be some memory dump of some sort but its so quick then system reboots.

You can set system properties such that the computer won't automatically reboot on a bluescreen. This will allow you to read the exact error message and post it here.

Start menu -> Control Panel -> System->
Advanced->Setup and Recovery->
Uncheck Automatically Restart.

wayubb
10-23-03, 11:18 PM
Yeah all I get is the generic info about if this is your first erro lease reboot and to check adapters and drivers etc etc. and the only stop error I get is this listed below.

STOP: 0: 0000007F

Vash
10-24-03, 08:42 AM
What version of Windows are you running?

wayubb
10-24-03, 11:22 AM
I stated above you must have missed it. Winxp pro

Vash
10-24-03, 11:59 AM
Yup, I missed it.

It wouldn't be a "STOP 0x0000007F (UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP)" error, would it?

If so, then you are looking at a few possibilities:

1. The drivers probably just don't agree with your system. Download a Nvidia driver cleaner program and use it to clean off all the Nvidia video drivers on your system, and then reinstall. If a file didn't get overwritten properly, there might be an old file in there w/the new drivers, and that's always a bad thing. Another thing you can to is check the Asus website for their own version of the 56.16's.

2. Doing any overclocking? That could also cause the error. If so, scale back the overclock slowly and see when the errors stop occuring. Then scale it back a few more notches, just to be safe. :)

3. How new is your memory? Try cleaning the contacts with an eraser. It's possible that your memory is also the problem; try swapping in a different stick of RAM to see if this relieves the error.

Hope that helps! A helpful tool can be found here. (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;EN-US;KBHOWTO&sd=GN&ln=EN-US) The MS Knowledge Database is very helpful for diagnosing stop errors: just select the OS version you use and type in the STOP: [error code] and it should give you something useful. If you're more adventurous, you could go to MS TechNet and search through the XP resource kits - there's a list of common stop messages in there with possible solutions.

wayubb
10-24-03, 12:02 PM
well in the parentheseis after the stop was 3 sets of 0's
memory is about 3 months old. corsair xmemory
no overclocking done.
and I will try the driver cleaner and see and so far asus doesnt offer any of the new drivers yet.

Vash
10-24-03, 12:11 PM
Could you give me the full text of the error, with all the numbers, etc?

wayubb
10-24-03, 12:15 PM
STOP 0x0000007F (0000000,0000000,0000000)

thats all there was.

Vash
10-24-03, 04:25 PM
Hmm...that doesn't help me any more. Try cleaning the drivers and then reinstalling. If that doesn't do it, then I'd say stick w/your old ones.

kraigc
10-24-03, 05:45 PM
I installed the 5216 over my 4523. I then thought better of it and went to completely uninstall my card and start fresh off. Everytime I click uninstall, I get a blue screen too with roughly the same message.

wayubb
10-24-03, 07:15 PM
Well I used the driver cleaner and hosed my system...followed directions and now it wont even detect my card. I have removed card booted up then shut down and installed it and then to see if it would redetect and it does not.

So now I am at a loss as what to do and my card manufacture wont help since i used a 3rd party program to remove them

Any ideas?

wayubb
10-24-03, 07:52 PM
OK I never have had any of these d ang problems till this dumb forceware release. and I followed advice using the nvidia driver cleaner which now has hosed my system Icannot even get it to detect the card.

This is the mssg I get when I try to detect thecard since installing the drivers of any version now no longer work since using that driver cleaner.

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

Hope someone can help me out I hate to reinstall to fix this. if so im tossing this nvidia card and getting a ati never had these problems with that company.
thanks in advance for your help.

Submariner
10-25-03, 03:28 AM
I get the "Stop 0x000000D1 or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSOD with these drivers. Did not happen before these drivers with the 45.23s and no more BSODs since going back to the older drivers. The BSODs happened after installing 52.16s, while playing games, like UT and CCG. The 52.16s work great during benchmarks like 3dmark03 and Aquamark, but play a game for longer than 30 minutes and it blue screens with my WinXP Pro/IntelP4/TI4200 system.

windwalker
10-25-03, 07:09 AM
I'm in the same boat as Wayubb.
Installed the 52.16 and it seemed to work better with Halo.
But I could'nt get into the advanced settings, then there were som
"crtitical error" according to the very informative popup window.
I then took the very bad chocie of trying the "Driver Cleaner 2"
Now I'm stuck in VGA. Geforce driver refuses to start because of error code 19, same as Wayubb. How the Hell shall I get rid of the Forceware driver
so I can install it clean. I can't remove it. I can't see the card in the device manager. Please please please help me.
Someone must have recovered from this?
Preferably without installing windows...
BR

Submariner
10-25-03, 12:31 PM
Have you tried using the "Add Hardware" wizard in the control panel and see what happens?

windwalker
10-25-03, 02:32 PM
Yep, I've tried that.
That is the one time the Geforce TI 4500 shows up with an exclamation(?) mark besides it. Then it says it is'nt working cause the error code 19 which is something that has to do with the registry.
I'm really lost now. Tried installing older drivers, but the installation goes just fine, then after reboot its the same.
How do I find out what's wrong in the registry?

Submariner
10-25-03, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by windwalker
That is the one time the Geforce TI 4500 shows up with an exclamation(?) mark besides it.
Can you delete it, in device manager, when it shows up with the exclamation mark? Also have you tried booting up in windows safe mode (F8 when booting) and uninstalled/installed the video cards drivers?

windwalker
10-25-03, 03:20 PM
When I run add hardware, It searches first, then asks me if I have added the hardware allready or not. If I select "allready" it displays a list of the hardware in
the system. Here the TI4600 shows up on top of it all, and I select it.
Then It says:
Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

But it never shows up in the device manager so I can't remove it...
I think the problem was that I ran "Driver Cleaner 2" in hope that it would remove old parts of any installation. To late I read that you should unistall the old driver then run it. But now it seems more and more hopeless to come back to a good system.

If I install any Detonator/Forceware it installs just fine, but after reboot it
is just the same, ie error code 19 and running under "VGA Save"
Btw thanks for trying to help. I was looking forward to an nice evening of
Halo tonight. Looks like that is not going to happen....

The Baron
10-25-03, 03:33 PM
Hmmmmmmmm.

Hmmmmmmmmmmedy hmmmmmm.

Does everyone experiencing this problem have an nF2 system?

windwalker
10-25-03, 03:59 PM
Nope, Have an Asus A7V33-board.
I'm close to reinstalling Windows now. Damn this is frustating.
Seems there is some minor thing that went wrong and now I can't get
back.

windwalker
10-25-03, 04:01 PM
Anybody know where the driver gets its setting from the registry?
Specifically regarding the refresh rates. Maybe that could be some
common problems, people running refresh rate fixes, since I understand
that should'nt be needed with this driver.

tourettes
10-25-03, 04:23 PM
I'm getting pretty similar problems. From testing it out, I believe the problem has to do with the nforce drivers. After I uninstalled my nforce drivers, i was able to boot right into windows. If i re-install nforce drivers, i get the memory dump on boot-up.

I have an Asus A7N266-E (Nforce1) board, XFX ti4200 128mb ddr agp8x card.

As well, looking in the 3DMark2001 SE system info, i get some odd things:

Display Devices -> NVIDIA Geforce4 ti4200 with AGP8x
- Total AGP Memory: 0 bytes

Motherboard Info:
- manufacturer: blank
- Model: f pf@0

Motherboard Info -> AGP Capabilities:
- Rate 1x, 2x, 4x (1x enabled)
- Aperture Size: 0 bytes
- Sideband Addressing: supported (disabled)
- Fast Write: support (disabled)

Is this normal? How do I change my AGP rate to 4x? Enable sideband addressing and fast write? In my BIOS, my aperature size is set to 256mb (i have 512MB DDR system memory).

The Baron
10-25-03, 04:28 PM
Well.

I've heard that the new nF2 drivers have been delayed because of a bug in the GART driver that prevents another video card driver from being installed if the GART driver is removed. Sounds like something similar is going on with 52.16. I'm not sure that's what it is, but this is pretty much verbatim the problem that has delayed the new nF2 drivers.

Is there a solution? Short of a reformat, I don't know of one.

green_meanie
10-26-03, 09:08 AM
I hope all of you people that are using driver cleaner are uninstalling the Nvidia drivers from the add/remove programs list first THEN running driver cleaner.