PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice this on nVidia's FTP?

digitalwanderer
10-24-03, 02:15 PM
ftp://download1.nvidia.com/Windows/nForce/systemutility/

It's empty, but it's new and if it's what I THINK it is we'll be seeing what this nForce crap is all about for their mobos soon.... :D

sxotty
10-24-03, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
ftp://download1.nvidia.com/Windows/nForce/systemutility/

It's empty, but it's new and if it's what I THINK it is we'll be seeing what this nForce crap is all about for their mobos soon.... :D

DW what do you mean by "This nforce crap"? Do you mean forceware type stuff for nforce or what?? Sorry I am confused.

Dazz
10-24-03, 05:19 PM
Yeah, they are due an overclocking program for god knows how long. Also when the **** are they bringting out some new drivers.

Red Dog
10-25-03, 09:25 AM
/begin rant

Im starting to think NF2 will be obsolete by the time we see new drivers and the oc utility.

I will problably never get to use them because I will be on A64 by then.

Im goin via, The lack of soundstorm on the NF3 sealed their fate.

There is no way Im purchasing a soundstorm soundcard because I feel the SS driver support thus far has been sporadic.

I have a new audigy 2 zs sitting here in its box. When I finaly go via I will take a huge step back away from nvidia and immediately go take a long shower.

there has just been too much questionable bs. Im done with them till Jen resigns, I see genuine change, or they flat out knock my socks off.

/end rant

I should state that I believe NF2 to be the best performing socket a chipset. Great mem and cpu performance, but ide and soundstorm driver support I find lacking.

sxotty
10-25-03, 09:29 AM
Soundstorm is ridiculously good if you use the digital out.

There is a reason they don't need hundreds of updates, things work and are not buggy. Heaven forbid a product is good enough you don't need 100 patches a year.

digitalwanderer
10-25-03, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by sxotty

There is a reason they don't need hundreds of updates, things work and are not buggy. Heaven forbid a product is good enough you don't need 100 patches a year.
Uhm, the IDE performance SUCKS on this product currently and is/has been in desperate need of an update for over a year now. (Oh, it's coming next week btw...but don't tell anyone. ;) )

Red Dog
10-25-03, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by sxotty

I use the optical out. Soundstorm is deffinately the best onboard audio by a long shot, but to say its not buggy is unrealistic.

Ide performance is another sore spot.

The Nforce 2 is very close to being where it should, but its full potential is not being realized due to its driver support.

The Baron
10-25-03, 11:34 AM
Im starting to think NF2 will be obsolete by the time we see new drivers and the oc utility.
The time is drawing nigh, childrenzzzz...

(okay, so I had to throw in the Vambat reference. but the rest of it is most certainly true.)

well, fine, here's the deal. drivers are all but ready, but there was one show-stopping bug (THAT WASN'T IN THE SOUND DRIVERS OR THE IDE DRIVERS. I PROMISE.) that actually happened after you uninstalled the drivers that was a Very Bad Thing. so, once that's fixed, new drivers. we're looking at a short timeframe, no joke.

Sledge
10-26-03, 12:27 PM
I saw the pics of the new Nforce utilities at nforcershq.com. Looked very sharp.

Personally I want the Forceware app to be released so I can see what they've done (good or bad) to NVDVD.

sxotty
10-26-03, 07:41 PM
DW the reason I said soundstorm is ridiculously awesome, and not the nforce is ridiculously awesome is b/c I meant soundstorm...although I must admit the the nforce2 is way better than any chipset I have seen in awhile. The IDE issue was always dealt with by using regular drivers though was it not?

Anyway I had a gametheater XP from hercules and while it was ok, any drop in quality is more than made up for by being able to hook up your computer to a real system (vis spdif) and get surround sound instead of relying on the usual setup. I sure hope that since the nforce3 has no soundstorm, creative at least will step up and release a card that can offer the features of a motherboard that costs less than their top of the line soundcards.

SavagePaladin
10-29-03, 04:00 PM
ok, I'll tell everyone :)
The drivers are going through one last fix before they get released.
I wouldn't say this week or next week or the other week anymore cause every time I do something changes! I don't need that crap. :p

The Baron
10-29-03, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by SavagePaladin
ok, I'll tell everyone :)
The drivers are going through one last fix before they get released.
I wouldn't say this week or next week or the other week anymore cause every time I do something changes! I don't need that crap. :p
still the GART uninstall issue?

SavagePaladin
10-29-03, 04:50 PM
thats the last thing I know of...they just told me a week or so(?) ago that they were going to look at that before release.
said it wasn't their issue but they wanted to see if they could avoid it anyway

The Baron
10-29-03, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by SavagePaladin
thats the last thing I know of...they just told me a week or so(?) ago that they were going to look at that before release.
said it wasn't their issue but they wanted to see if they could avoid it anyway
I think it might be in Det50 to a degree, given the problems people are having with it detecting their cards.

Weird.