PDA

View Full Version : FX 5700 Ultra issue

Proto
10-24-03, 11:09 PM
Hi All. just picked this card up tonight from Best Buy and .....

System specs below

After installing the card system boots up gets to the desktop and then as all the icons are filling in locks up or goes to a black screen. This happens repeatedly until Hardware acceleration is turned completely off. I have removed everything else off the power supply except the card mother board, 1 30 gig drive and a single fan. I have narrowed it down to a setting or power but was curious if anyone else has had similar issues? and what were your fixes?

System Specs:
430 watt P4 approved Power supply
eVGA e-GeForce FX 5700 Ultra 128 Meg AGP
Asus Nforce A7266-VM mobo with latest Bios and Win 2K unified drivers
AMD Athlon 1700+
Western digital 30 gig drive
Windows 2000 Pro SP4
The NVIDIA ForceWare 52.16 WHQL (WinXP/2000) drivers

Thanks All!

saturnotaku
10-24-03, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Proto
430 watt P4 approved Power supply

What's the brand name on this part (if there is one)? If it's a no-name unit or one that came with your case, take it out and replace it with an Antec, Enermax or other name brand power supply. Cards like the 5700 suck up a lot of juice and if you have a cheap power supply that can mean big trouble.

-=DVS=-
10-24-03, 11:33 PM
Is it possible something is overheating ? check fans and power connectors !
Try in bios setting AGP 2x , maybe MOBO isn't very compatible...

Or try different card , could be your FX acting wierd....

Proto
10-25-03, 02:01 PM
Thanks, I am hoping its a power issue. I am trying it in another machine tonight....It just seems wierd that it functions fine with the hardware acceleration at none but the minute you put it up it goes black. I do not believe its an overheat issue as this happens immediately after the desktop comes up. Also when it is running with no hardware acceleration there are no special Geforce menus under the advanced button in the display settings section....I have reinstalled the latest Drivers from Nvidia but maybe a clean install of everything will work....

Thanks again all!