PDA

View Full Version : More HL2 news?

Serath
10-25-03, 12:31 PM
Saw this on the main page at IRCSpy

http://www.ircspy.com/default.asp#ATI/Valve statement on Half Life 2

I understand that many of you are anxious to get an update on the status of Half-Life 2 and our products that include the Half-Life 2 offer. Valve is working diligently to assess the situation and we will update you on the game's delivery schedule as soon as we can. For additional information on the status of the release, please contact Valve. However, in the interim, ATI and Valve have arranged for our customers who qualify for the Half-Life 2 offer to receive an added bonus. Please see the information below.

MrNasty
10-25-03, 11:35 PM
It's just basically some marketing fluff.

Only interesting thing is that ATI will be providing steam instalation discs as well as some bonus valve game bundel for users who purchase radeons with HL2 in the box.

But you can only download the extra games ( basically HL1 and valve mods/ addon packs ) from steam. So it seems they won't be bundeled physically like halflife2 which is a bit **** really.

GlowStick
10-26-03, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by MrNasty
It's just basically some marketing fluff.

Only interesting thing is that ATI will be providing steam instalation discs as well as some bonus valve game bundel for users who purchase radeons with HL2 in the box.

But you can only download the extra games ( basically HL1 and valve mods/ addon packs ) from steam. So it seems they won't be bundeled physically like halflife2 which is a bit **** really. Actually if you read the fine print, once HL2 is out, you LOSE HL1 and its mods.

I have to say, thats the most craptacualr deal ever, and it just means that HL2 is delayed even more, so they had to appease ati with something.

Edge
10-26-03, 01:45 AM
Wow, that is kinda sucky. And wasn't a HL or HL2 CD-key supposed to be an "all access" number where you could access all the Steam games with only that key? Of course, you couldn't play HL2 with only a HL1 CD-key, but I thought you were going to have access to everything anyway with the HL2 cd-key. Guess not...

Not to mention 95% of the people out there that want HL2 already have HL1, and you could just buy the retail version of HL1 for like $10 and have access to everything HL1 mod out there forever. Pretty piss-poor concelation.

NAZCA M12
10-26-03, 07:07 AM
I was interested in getting a 9800XT recently. After reading this, my stumbling block is that i'll have to pay a few bucks to Valve as well, then be a good sucker and pay a bit more to receive the full game from them (when it comes out). If they have a non-HL2 voucher bundled version, i'll think about it