PDA

View Full Version : GeForce 2 driver problems

Coleslaw
10-26-03, 01:45 AM
I've got a problem with my computer. More specifically, my graphics card.

It's an NVidia GeForce II MX 400 Xtasy 5564. e got Windows XP, 256 megs of ram, Intel Celeron 1.1 gigs processor, blah blah blah.

My problem is: I installed Nvidia, let it do it's thing. But then I decided to update the drivers, so I went to the site and downloaded the driver version 43.45. As the install went through, it gave me the message "This driver is not XP certified and may cause problems with your computer". Me (being the computer moron that I am) ignored it and continued, figuring, "Hey, it's Windows. It's XP. It'll find a way, it always does." I restarted, it did it's thing, then after it was done, the screen went black. I could hear everything running in the background, everything was normal. I just can't see it. So I reverted back to my Intel Integrated graphics card. This was back in April. I thought "Oh well, I don't GeForce to play most games anyway." Well, that's come back to bite me in the arse. Call of Duty is out and I need GeForce to play it. But I can't fix this stupid card on my computer. I've tried everything. I enter safe mode to see if I can roll back the drivers on it, but it says it doesn't recognize the status of hte card because it's in safe mode. I've tried starting my computer normally, with the card in, with my monitor plugged into the Integrated card, but, for some reason, the computer still reads the Nvidia card. So it thinks that there's no monitor plugged in. How messed up is that?

Can anyone help me? I just want to roll back the drivers on my Nvidia card so I can actually see SOMETHING on my computer. If you need anymore information, just let me know.

Thanks.
:afro2:

Coleslaw
10-26-03, 11:00 PM
bump*

EciDemon
10-27-03, 03:30 AM
If I were you I'd go to www.guru3d.com and download some drivers prior to the once you have tried, like the 41.09

Personally Ive never had an intergrated gfx card, but my guess is that you can dissable it from the Bios, you know where you hit *Del* right after you start your computer, tho it can be another key too if you got an IBM computer or some other brand. Consult your motherboard manual, If you don't have one they are usually easy enugh to find online in PDF format.

What you need to do is to make sure that your geforce card is the active card and plug your monitor to it. If your intergrated intel card is giving you trouble, dissable it. It could be named "Initial display: Agp or Pci" in your bios, set it to Pci. Asuming that your gf2 is a pci card.

Hopefully some of the experts here will add some sugestions too as Ive never had any experienced first hand with intergrated gfx and a second a display adaptor.