PDA

View Full Version : Weird driver problem

Takie
10-26-03, 08:06 AM
I have a hercules geforce 3 ti500 running with windows xp pro.I use the official nvidia drivers for my graphic card,the weird thing is,all the detonators driver work perfect until version 40.72,all driver models above are not working very good.When i install drivers higher than the 40.72s my computer start ups really really slow,i meen like 5 minutes slower than normal.I have the same problem with games,they start up much much slower than normal.And if u run nature scene in 3dmark 2001 i get a frame drop from 50 frames to 40 compared to the 40.72s.And the last thing,if i right click on the nvidia icon in my taskbar it takes ages to open the menu,very weird.Can someone help me with this?

quik_2_win
10-26-03, 12:56 PM
It sounds like you might have some remaining driver code from another driver. You might try uninstalling, then run 'nasty file remover' from Guru3d.com, then install the later driver...
Honestly, the v40.72 is the best driver for a GF3 anyway...Has no issues whatsoever with any piece of software that I've ever run on it...is fast, has decent IQ, and is quite stable.

Takie
10-26-03, 02:20 PM
I dont think it has anything to do with leftovers from previous drivers because i had installed drivers higher than version 40.72 after i just formatted my computer and i still had the problem.

ruddrage
10-26-03, 03:20 PM
I too have this problem on another Rig of mine.

I found a post on here a couple of days back saying that you needed to flash the BIOS on the video card to correct this. Click here for link (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19846)

However I'm using the 30.82 and they load up fine on them, once I've read more about it and decide to flash, I'll let you know

Ruddrage

netviper13
10-26-03, 03:47 PM
What brand is your GF3? I have the same problem with my PNY Verto GeForce3 Ti200, no driver version over 44.03 works and i have the slow startup.

I'm pretty sure it's an issue either with the GeForce3 line as a whole or with specific brands.

ruddrage
10-26-03, 06:34 PM
My Geforce 3 Ti200 is by Creative Labs, however my m8 has a GeForce 3 Ti500 ChaniTech and hes never had any proplems using the 44.03 and later drivers on his system.

I don't think it an O/S problem because I had the proplem when it was in my system, then when I built my 2nd Rig from spare parts and put the GeForce 3 in it, on a fresh install, it would still take about 5mins to boot up.
:mad:

Ruddrage

Takie
10-27-03, 05:21 AM
Nope,it aint an OS problem,it had it to when using windows 98