PDA

View Full Version : Agp 1x... Wth!?

DirtySanchez
10-26-03, 06:36 PM
So... I've got the latest Detonators *cough* forceware, drivers installed for my 5900 Ultra. By default there is no AGP settings tab, so I make sure I have the appropriate registry settings set. Lo-and-behold the AGP settings panel is telling me that I'm set at AGP 1X, with fastwrites and sideband addressing enabled. :wtf: As soon as I try to change any setting and apply in that panel.. *bam* instant reboot.

I'm using an intel i845 chipset, capable of 4X... not ideal, but works well enough at the moment. Running on XP Pro; latest patches, updates, chipset drivers, etc.

I've already tried un-installing Forceware through add-remove, and then using both NFR and Detonator R.I.P and still the problem persists. I'm begining to think it's a bug, and I should just ignore it. All of my games run spectacularly, so I have a hard time believing what the panel is telling me.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? If so, what have you done short of a total clean XP install to solve it?

Deputy Doofy
10-26-03, 07:09 PM
Same for me 1x and with fastwrites and sideband addressing enabled.

If it ain't broke - ask yo self why - Then fix it..!

:p

mrsabidji
10-26-03, 07:59 PM
No problem here. But personnaly, I rather use RivaTuner than the control panel.

mrsabidji

sean m
10-26-03, 08:58 PM
AGP settings panel is telling me that I'm set at AGP 1X, with fastwrites and sideband addressing enabled. As soon as I try to change any setting and apply in that panel.. *bam* instant reboot.

Same here.

The Punisher
10-30-03, 12:37 AM
I get the blue screen o death instead of auto rebooting. I downloaded the new Forceware WHQL drivers & it reported that my AGP is running at 1x instead of the full 4x that Det44.03 reports. When I change the slider to 4x, it gave me a BSOD when I press APPLY. Software like WCPUID v3.1 still reports that I'm running my AGP at 4x though.

JohnDoe641
10-31-03, 03:25 AM
I've got the same thing now that I'm using XP.

I'm sure that it's just reading it wrong since my bios has it set to 4x still.

Morrow
10-31-03, 05:18 AM
there is a bug in the latest forceware drivers (52.16) which doesn't detect the actual AGP mode correctly but only shows 1x AGP although a higher one is active. If prior to the 5x.xx you had automatically 2x or 4x AGP enabled, this will remain true when using the 52.16 drivers eventhough it only indicates 1x AGP.

If you want confirmation use a system information tool like SiSoftware Sandra to verify this... for now, don't touch that AGP slider.

void
11-05-03, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by DirtySanchez
[B]As soon as I try to change any setting and apply in that panel.. *bam* instant reboot.

I'm using an intel i845 chipset, capable /B]
I845GE in my MB with FX5200, MSI personal cinema:
- touch the AGP speed settings slider, BSOD after apply.
- nvidia AGP control slider is 1x position
- info panel on the same tab tells 4x for MB, card and current
- 3DMarkXY tells 4x AGP in use