PDA

View Full Version : Grayscale video mode

guru
10-27-03, 09:12 AM
Hi,

Anyone know if its possible to put the Ti4200 or FX5200 in grayscale mode?

I kind of miss the calm look of gray, specially since everyone insists on really really colorful icons these days.

I need gray for both Linux and XP (and please forgive my ignorance, but I dont even know if XP CAN handle someone wanting no colors :-)

yours,

Jesper Angelo
Denmark

Tiller
10-27-03, 10:04 AM
This might work.......
In the display properties (XP), go to the Appearance tab and change the Windows and buttons selection to "Windows Classic style". Then click the Advanced button and set our colors.

sxotty
10-27-03, 10:57 AM
This might work, actually really simple sounding, can't you go adjust the colors in the control panel to kill them all off basically?

Tiller
10-28-03, 01:13 PM
No, there isn't. In older windows, that options was an appearance setting, not a driver setting. You could try to find a black and white monitor. hehe

SeriousWorm
10-29-03, 03:50 PM
Sadly the gamma ramp in the Color options in the driver settings supports Red, Green and Blue. If it supported Hue, Saturation and Lightness you could set Saturation to zero but this way you can't remove the color :(

Perhaps using a negative Digital Vibrance setting by registry since it controls saturation?:D

Deputy Doofy
10-29-03, 05:57 PM
I like color. :)