PDA

View Full Version : install 52.16 and control panel crash

kofflink
10-27-03, 11:58 AM
I have installed Nvidia driver 52.16 and when I go to the control panel, I see an error message and the control panel crash. I can't enter in the control panel because that. I format and reinstall 52.16 and the error is here again. I have a msi fx 5600 vtdr. Can you help me please?

saturnotaku
10-27-03, 12:01 PM
Any control panel crashes I've experienced have been due to a corrupted download of the drivers. Download them again without using a program like GetRight or Download Accelerator and they should work.

kofflink
10-27-03, 03:44 PM
Thanks, now I can use nvidia without problem.

HeaDBulB
10-27-03, 04:48 PM
i have the same problem, this comes up when i try and click my gfx card tab.

http://www.btinternet.com/~headbulb/any_ideas.JPG

iv tried uninstalling/installing/redownloading the drivers but still the problem occurs.

any ideas?

craigl
10-29-03, 02:14 PM
I had the same problem but I found a fix.

This normally happens when you have installed an international version of previous drivers which also installs localization dlls (these have all the text, icons etc for diffrerent laguages).

When you then install the english only drivers it still tries to load the old localization file as these files aren't in the english only US release.

All you need to do (in my case anyway) is to download the larger international release on the nVidia download page and install that one instead. That should update all files to the newer version and then should work.

Hope it works for you too.