PDA

View Full Version : Fatal 3D problem

JWoah
10-27-03, 02:13 PM
I don't know what caused this problem to start, but every now and then my display freezes, sometimes with a distorted picture on the screen like a bunch of misplaced groups of pixels. It happens EVERYTIME I try to run a game using Direct3D such as diablo2 or 3dmark03, and when I ran the diagnostic Direct3D test, it works fine for the first one (DirectX 7) and when it tries 8.1, it freezes immediately. I changed drivers several times, changed DirectX versions, formatted my drive completely and restarted, but it still happens. Any help is appreciated. Win2k pro, p4 866, geforce 4 ti4200, 384 mb ram.

saturnotaku
10-27-03, 02:26 PM
Is you video card overclocked? If so, drop the core speed down to default and see if it goes away. If not, your card probably still is overheating. Take the side panel off your case and use a desk fan to blow air into it/across the card. Then if that doesn't work, it's probably time to think about an RMA or replacing that card.

fingermouth
10-28-03, 10:07 PM
I like your avitar, Im from the Chicago area too I competed in the sports team Illinois Warriors who used the indian head as our logo but back to this thread ive had some simular issues here with these drivers know. I posted a couple of days ago about these being very good, well they are good drivers but there is some kinks that need to be ironed out.

saturnotaku
10-28-03, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by fingermouth
I like your avitar, Im from the Chicago area too I competed in the sports team Illinois Warriors who used the indian head as our logo

The Chicago Blackhawks logo is the single greatest one in all of sports, and it's definitely one of the longest-standing (save for several of the other original six NHL teams). The team still sucks, but I shall be a fan until the day I die, which will hopefully be after the Wirtz family relinquishes control of the team.

But yes, we are getting off-topic here. Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

fingermouth
10-29-03, 07:36 PM
We had that Indian head as our symbol but there is little differnce in the heads but yes back to the forum at hand. Us chicagoens love sports so take it up at the bar baby. but ive did some adjustments and turned off or let apps decide the AA and turned up AF to 8x and things look fine on my end know so it could be AA ****ing up your games.

Rampant CL
10-29-03, 10:48 PM
put your agp setting down 1 notch.

dont ask, dont comment, dont respond, jsut try it

twins
11-16-03, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JWoah
[B]I don't know what caused this problem to start, but every now and then my display freezes, sometimes with a distorted picture on the screen like a bunch of misplaced groups of pixels. It happens EVERYTIME I try to run a game using Direct3D such as diablo2 or 3dmark03, and when I ran the diagnostic Direct3D test, it works fine for the first one (DirectX 7) and when it tries 8.1, it freezes immediately. I changed drivers several times, changed DirectX versions, formatted my drive completely and restarted, but it still happens. Any help is appreciated. Win2k pro, p4 866, geforce 4 ti4200, 384 mb ram.

I have the exact same problem!!!! I also got same results with Direct 3d test. winxp, athlon2200, geforc4 4200, 700+ram , asus A7N8Xmobo. Can anyone advise me?