PDA

View Full Version : NFS Underground Demo coming soon..

jAkUp
10-27-03, 09:50 PM
supposed to come out today, after the countdown hit 0... but it seems its been resetted to 11 days as i write this:rolleyes:

check out the countdown here
http://www.electronic-arts.com.au/eagames/nfs_underground/

well, im just hoping this game is better than nfs hot pursuit 2.. which was imho, complete trash. ive been playing the nfs series since the very first need for speed 1.. awesome game back in the day :D nfs underground looks pretty cool, so i guess we'll just have to see.

MUYA
10-27-03, 09:58 PM
The story mode sounds interesting..like that other game erm..toca soemthing?

The graphics engine for nfs-underground looks like the one from f1 challenge 99-02. Maybe, it's a souped up version of it? iSS or someone do the engines for the EA f1 series

MUYA

RAY16
10-27-03, 11:58 PM
Hopefully its good. Midnight Club II was less than stellar, so I hope this is better. I need a good fast paced racing game (no F1 or NASCAR).

nVidi0t
10-28-03, 02:52 AM
Awesome, cant wait to try it. The last good NFS I played which I really enjoyed was Porsche unnleashed.. and that was more than a while ago.

Midnight Club II was just dissapointing imo.

Sotos
10-28-03, 04:49 AM
Personaly i find all these NFS series really BORING....
They are cheap copies from each other

FAST CARS are surely VERY NICE :)

But NFS series is surelly not for me anymore... :nono:

saturnotaku
10-28-03, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Sotos
Personaly i find all these NFS series really BORING....
They are cheap copies from each other

FAST CARS are surely VERY NICE :)

But NFS series is surelly not for me anymore... :nono:

Would you PLEASE stop USING your CAPS LOCK key WHEN you TYPE. Can you SEE how incredibly ANNOYING that is?

NAZCA M12
10-28-03, 08:58 AM
Can't wait for it. I too started with NFS1 onwards and i still like the series (including NFS HP2). Not too sure that this story mode that everybody is trying to implement on a racing game is going to work though. And i second (no, third :D ) the opinion that Midnight Club II was not that good after all.

Sotos
10-28-03, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
Would you PLEASE stop USING your CAPS LOCK key WHEN you TYPE. Can you SEE how incredibly ANNOYING that is?

NO!!!! :D

and it's not with CAPS LOCK but with SHIFT

You are the first and only one until now that say to me how annoying it is...

by the way the subject is not about me but about NFS UNDERGROUND..do not get offtopic

LiquidX
10-28-03, 12:21 PM
Its the 3rd time EA has put up a timer for days and weeks and when it hits "00.00.00" they didnt release the demo.

Originally posted by jAkUp
well, im just hoping this game is better than nfs hot pursuit 2.. which was imho, complete trash.
Did you only play the pc version JackUp? If so it was its nothing like the PS2 version. The pc version was not all that great but the PS2 version blew it out because it was so damn faster. I think I remember reading that the pc,gamecube and X-Box version was also made by a different company.;)

jAkUp
10-28-03, 01:33 PM
yea they were designed by different teams... the only version i played was the pc, i heard the xbox version was subsantially better.

Sotos
10-30-03, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by jAkUp
yea they were designed by different teams... the only version i played was the pc, i heard the xbox version was subsantially better.

I do not understand how is possible Xbox runs games tottaly stable and without lag and in High quality settings

while still the new generation Pcs which are much more faster from xbox are still laging :(

saturnotaku
10-30-03, 06:58 AM
while still the new generation Pcs which are much more faster from xbox are still laging :(

1) Xbox games are designed to run at 640x480 interlaced resolution or 720i HDTV (which isn't all that much greater than the standard resolution anyway).

2) All Xbox hardware is identical (PIII 733, GeForce3) but on the PC you have a virtually unlimited number of system configurations.

3) Coders doing console ports can and often do get very sloppy. A game that is designed for the PC from the getgo is going to run a lot better, ie Max Payne 2. But games that start out on consoles and get ported (or get released at the same time), ie GTA 3, NFS: HP2 are typically not done well at all. Developers are in such a rush to get the product onto shelves that they don't give the PC version the extra time needed to create a proper version.

With EA and Rockstar, it can be especially bad because they release bad console ports and rarely (if ever) patch the games to bring about bug fixes and performance gains.

Rob_0126
11-04-03, 11:39 AM
The best NFS was 'Road and Tracks' Version, on the 3DO. ;)

Ahhhh, the good ole days....

Robert

digitalwanderer
11-04-03, 11:41 AM
It's out, Hanners just posted up a story 'bout it (http://www.elitebastards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2510). :)

EDITED BITS: Damn! Can you say, "All of the servers are HAMMERED!"? :(

On the brightside, here is the BitTorrent link for it (http://www.3dgamers.com/torrents/games/needforspeed7/nfsu_demo_eagames_australia.exe.torrent). :) (I'm LOVING how they're putting up demos on BT, you can always get 'em that way! :D )

Miester_V
11-04-03, 02:42 PM
Mine is zipping along at 160KB/s. :D

saturnotaku
11-04-03, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Rob_0126
The best NFS was 'Road and Tracks' Version, on the 3DO.

Nah, original Need for Speed for DOS was the best way to go. I convinced my parents to let me upgrade our old 486 SX 33 to a DX4 100 just so I could play that game. And was it ever sweet. It totally blew away every other racing game I had every played at the time. Only other NFS game that I believe was better was Porsche Unleashed.

Prior to that, my favorite racer was Test Drive II for the Commodore 64. I had each and every single expansion pack for that game. I was so incredibly pissed when Test Drive III was released for IBM only. I still remember going to the local EB and lusting after that game, but it would be many more months before we would get a proper computer.

Rob_0126
11-04-03, 05:51 PM
Nah, original Need for Speed for DOS was the best way to go. I convinced my parents to let me upgrade our old 486 SX 33 to a DX4 100 just so I could play that game. And was it ever sweet. It totally blew away every other racing game I had every played at the time. Only other NFS game that I believe was better was Porsche Unleashed.

Prior to that, my favorite racer was Test Drive II for the Commodore 64. I had each and every single expansion pack for that game. I was so incredibly pissed when Test Drive III was released for IBM only. I still remember going to the local EB and lusting after that game, but it would be many more months before we would get a proper computer.

I unfortunetly didn't get into computer gaming until later. I would estimate that I was playing Super Mario Bros, and Duck Hunt around that time. :p

I sure did enjoy the 3DO version, for the commentator. I remember one time I did one race, and it was almost flawless, and he just said, "whoa" He was speechless. :)

EDIT: You know whats funny, I still have the 3DO NFS game and box somewhere around here. :angel2:

Robert

ChrisRay
11-04-03, 06:06 PM
From what I have seen here.. Anti Aliasing does not appear to be working on Geforce FX cards, Not sure about Radeons.

http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=44494

Downloading it right now so soon i will know.

Sotos
11-04-03, 07:18 PM
Anyone knows any better new game from Nfs underground???

EA with these <game series>> are making me puke!!! :barf:

saturnotaku
11-04-03, 07:24 PM
Funny how the NFS series started to suck when EA moved away from developing it on the PC first, then releasing it for consoles later, to releasing it on the PC and consoles at the same time. :angel2:

I would love to see another NFS title go old school, back to the way it was in the first game - pick a car, have a couple tracks, race 'em and feature a great showcase for all the cars.

ChrisRay
11-04-03, 07:42 PM
Funny how the NFS series started to suck when EA moved away from developing it on the PC first, then releasing it for consoles later, to releasing it on the PC and consoles at the same time. :angel2:

I would love to see another NFS title go old school, back to the way it was in the first game - pick a car, have a couple tracks, race 'em and feature a great showcase for all the cars.

This Demo is buggy as hell. I canty get the resolution to stay at one specific resolution, For some reason Anti Aliasing is switching off and on. Bah I'm annoyed.

fastguy94416
11-04-03, 09:25 PM
I do not understand how is possible Xbox runs games tottaly stable and without lag and in High quality settings

Arg.... Someone kill me
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20579

ChrisRay
11-04-03, 11:28 PM
Anti Aliasing does not work at all if you enable any kinds of shaders,

Light trails, Headlights, Motion Blur.

Not impressed to say the least.

saturnotaku
11-05-03, 07:19 AM
<sigh>

Can't somebody rip off Grand Turismo 3 and put it out either on Xbox or PC, or can't the creators of the series toss us non-PS2 users a bone? They could release GT3 for other consoles at the same time as GT4, that way they're not "stealing" sales from their bread and butter system.

I was so looking forward to NFS: Underground, but this demo and subsequent conversation has left (yet another) bad taste in my mouth. Thanks a lot EA, again you've lost money from me due to your developers' inability to properly code a PC game.

Vash
11-05-03, 08:23 AM
They seem to have trouble all over the place:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2003/20031105l.gif