PDA

View Full Version : May I know what is wrong with this 56.12 Forceware???

Pages : [1] 2

truth
10-30-03, 10:26 AM
I'm running this game Midnite ClubII & then the game play has such "greyed" out image, with 52.16 official from nvidia. I have a FX-5800 and P-IV 2.4C 512MB Cosair DDR cas 2-2-2-5, previously using also the official 45.23, playing this game doesn't encountered any of these image dispairity. Can anyone advise what is wrong with nvidia current drivers? Or should I simply just revert back using the 45.23 but then I believed this latest Forceware is knitted for FX-series of gfx cards? I have check for game patch but seemed like there's none available for this Midnight Club II. So, should I scracifice my driver or my game?

Here's the screen capture and sorry if the image is too large.

http://sg.geocities.com/wangjiake/MidniteClub.bmp

saturnotaku
10-30-03, 10:29 AM
These new drivers are giving people no end of trouble. If you're not having problems with the older drivers, use those.

truth
10-30-03, 10:47 AM
but then I wonders why running 3dmark03 doesn't posed any problems with image and noticed that it's better but then simply weird with this game, or other games too since I've yet to try all out yet.

skypx
10-30-03, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by truth
I'm running this game Midnite ClubII & then the game play has such "greyed" out image, with 52.16 official from nvidia. I have a FX-5800 and P-IV 2.4C 512MB Cosair DDR cas 2-2-2-5, previously using also the official 45.23, playing this game doesn't encountered any of these image dispairity. Can anyone advise what is wrong with nvidia current drivers? Or should I simply just revert back using the 45.23 but then I believed this latest Forceware is knitted for FX-series of gfx cards? I have check for game patch but seemed like there's none available for this Midnight Club II. So, should I scracifice my driver or my game?

Here's the screen capture and sorry if the image is too large.

http://sg.geocities.com/wangjiake/MidniteClub.bmp

I'm not sure if you may have this problem, but when I had my FX 5800U and 52.16 drivers installed, four monitors would show up in the device manager. This does not happen with the FX 5950U.

OMEGA™
10-30-03, 05:18 PM
apparently these 52.16 that got officially released were beta 52.16 that got leaked.

Detonator40 release was nowhere as shocking as this!

go back to 45.23 im not even touching Detonator50 series with a barge pole.

NVIDIA Detonator50 driver "Beta" should NEVER have gotten released this what started all the piss with HL2, now the official release has turned into a utter joke, ive not seen one person thats said these are 100% reliable, 44.03 and 45.23 have to say are the best in my books.

cmor
10-30-03, 05:22 PM
Omega, were you running overclocked? I'm not having any issues here.

OMEGA™
10-30-03, 05:24 PM
no everything is stock, i havent even installed those 5x.xx drivers, im sticking to my trusty 45.23

cmor
10-30-03, 05:27 PM
Hmm, again, I'm not seeing this. The image you posted is not being displayed. Can you post a smaller one?

bkswaney
10-30-03, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by OMEGA™
apparently these 52.16 that got officially released were beta 52.16 that got leaked.

NVIDIA Detonator50 driver "Beta" should NEVER have gotten released this what started all the piss with HL2, now the official release has turned into a utter joke, ive not seen one person thats said these are 100% reliable, 44.03 and 45.23 have to say are the best in my books.

When I had my 5800U the 45.23's were the best I ever used.
Great IQ and pretty good speed to boot.

fingermouth
10-30-03, 11:18 PM
i have to agree with you guys on these crap drivers. Even when you go to My Pictures on the XP start Menu there is no title under the Picture windows and i had weird thing with UT2K3 and Im getting fed up with their ****. Ive went back and forth with Nvidia and they even told me to go back to 45.23, Wow Nvidia telling me to go back which means they realy suck. Guys things look somewhat better and are faster in these 52.16 drivers but come on we all know Nvidia overclocked the VC settings with tese its hidden and if you get a OC utility im sure your stock speeds are much higher. They een told me to check the Fan on my FX card and the thing isn't even warm my card isn't hot at all matter of fact its only 35c which is very good so my **** is fine its the ****ing drivers that suck everyone on here has said something bad about these drivers. Wakeup Nvidia get the **** together and stop F*cking around. What happend to these guys? i heard the driver team left Nvidia in the middle of the night to ATI so this probably explains there downside lately Guys stick with 45.23, they may be slower and not a good looking as these but they are much more stable and you can make them look good with some setting tweaks.

fivefeet8
10-31-03, 12:06 AM
Midnight Club II works fine with the FW52.16's for me. As do all my games.

NFShp2
MGS Substance
Silent Hill 2
Halo
Quake3
UT2k3
Mohaa
NFL2k3
GTA VC

truth
10-31-03, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by fivefeet8

NFShp2
MGS Substance
Silent Hill 2
Halo
Quake3
UT2k3
Mohaa
NFL2k3
GTA VC

are you really sure, try playing those maps where there is supposed to be misty with fogs surrounding & I'll chop my head off if there are no image corruption if you used FW 52.16 with Midnight Club II. BTW, what gfx card are you using?

As for the display properties, mine, FX-5800 if installed FW 52.16 will also reflect 4 extra PnP monitors.

Now, I compared using 45.23, and my Midnight Club II games where there is misty surroundings are all superbly displayed. Not like the above picture that I'd posted.

cmor
10-31-03, 12:54 PM
Ahhh, fog! Which maps did you see this with?

green_meanie
11-01-03, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by OMEGA™

User error.

I've had no problems in any games with these drivers and they've been 100% reliable for me.

EciDemon
11-01-03, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by fivefeet8

NFShp2
MGS Substance
Silent Hill 2
Halo
Quake3
UT2k3
Mohaa
NFL2k3
GTA VC

What !?, you actually get everything to work in Mgs2 Substance ?
With drivers later then 43.51 I get no faces in codec view if the model setting is set to highest in the game setup (pixelshader 1.1). It needs to be set on highest to get the cool stuff in the end. Ive seen the same results on both Gf3 and Gf fx.

dcorban
11-01-03, 11:40 AM
Omega makes several negative statements concerning the 52.16 drivers and rather wide sweeping comments about their reliability, then later admits:
"i havent even installed those 5x.xx drivers".

I will be another person to say that all of my games are working flawlessly with these drivers. I have seen no image quality degradation, improper rendering, or performance issues. Sadly this is not what I can say about the Radeon 9800 Pro, since I had all 3 of those problems with that card.

Maybe I am having no problems because I am not using 3rd party tweaking utilities, overclocking, using modified drivers, tinkering with registry settings, or have a system bogged down with spyware or viruses.

OMEGA™
11-01-03, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by dcorban
Omega makes several negative statements concerning the 52.16 drivers and rather wide sweeping comments about their reliability, then later admits:
"i havent even installed those 5x.xx drivers".

I will be another person to say that all of my games are working flawlessly with these drivers. I have seen no image quality degradation, improper rendering, or performance issues. Sadly this is not what I can say about the Radeon 9800 Pro, since I had all 3 of those problems with that card.

Maybe I am having no problems because I am not using 3rd party tweaking utilities, overclocking, using modified drivers, tinkering with registry settings, or have a system bogged down with spyware or viruses.

Why install drivers when majority of people are having problems with them?

Why leave 44.03/45.23 which are very reliable drivers to go to some that are not fully tested?

Yes lets be retarded and destroy nice setup uhuh

Why install these 52.16 for PS2.0 when i have no full DX9 games can play with?
when HL2 comes ill maybe think about installing Official Detonator50 or i may have ATi card by then who knows...

Every PC setup is different!

Originally posted by green_meanie
User error.

I've had no problems in any games with these drivers and they've been 100% reliable for me.

User error *chuckles* Ive had NVIDIA card since June 2001 i trully know how to uninstall/install NVIDIA drivers, plus i DONT have overclocked system i dont use tweaking programs, i dont have viruses everything is kept upto date from Norton and Win Update plus im clean with Spybot - Search & Destroy and Ad-aware 6. I certainly do not just download any crap or give away cd's and install the amount of crap general public on PC's usually do specially this *PC Booster" or garbage you see flashing about the place guaranteed to make your pc a rocketship hah please.

But like that 100% yeah right you have every game to throw at those 52.16?

What can one possibly do when system is running fast and stable but drivers are having texture corruption or missing textures or such you still reckon thats user error with Detonator50? ever thought NVIDIA have cut corners?

Plus did anyone ever read this? http://www.penstarsys.com/editor/tech/graphics/nv_ati_dx9/index.html

Still reckon NVIDIA is superior? O_o

green_meanie
11-02-03, 07:38 PM
Had no problems with the 12 games I have run so far with 52.16 drivers.

I consider them reliable. :)

I can't comiserate with you.

dnottis
11-02-03, 10:59 PM
Just thought I'd pop in and confirm...no problems here either with 52.16. Major speed boost.

WarheadMM
11-02-03, 11:39 PM
I have no problems with these drviers. Saying i formated my HDD before i put these drviers on. These are the best drviers i have seen from nvidia

Raqia
11-03-03, 02:58 AM
I wouldn't get these drivers unless you have an FX card. I myself have noticed a strange problem in Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance on my 5900. In the intro scene where snake has the camo and jumps off a bridge, he doesn't distort the background anymore. I think that was a pixel shader 1.x effect so support for that might still be iffy. I also get some mipmap corruption in Max Payne 2 on dynamic objects like guns when I run too high res or w/ AA. For the most part, these are fine drivers though.

They might have targeted these drivers specifically at >NV35 hardware and the NV30's might have suffered since they have a slightly different architecture.

mrgoodcheese
11-03-03, 11:09 AM
No problems with the 52.16s and my GF3 ti200 (nice little boost) or my FX 5900 (awsome boost).

poursoul
11-03-03, 11:32 AM
What the hell is up with this thread. There is not a doubt in my mind that this is just a pissing contest between NV & ATI reps disguised as normal forum peoples. Quit fighting and make some damn cards!

Try to dispute it and i'll kick you in the head...... then eat your brains.

green_meanie
11-03-03, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by poursoul
What the hell is up with this thread. There is not a doubt in my mind that this is just a pissing contest between NV & ATI reps disguised as normal forum peoples. Quit fighting and make some damn cards!

Try to dispute it and i'll kick you in the head...... then eat your brains.

Reps? I'm not a rep, can't speak for anybody else.

You're not kicking anybody in the head. :)

poursoul
11-03-03, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by green_meanie
I'm not a rep

How sad... your still in denial.

look out, next comes anger. :)