PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XI and 5900U

emailthatguy
10-30-03, 02:17 PM
im lookin at getting a 5900ultra here really soon and im wondering if one of you guys w/ one could download the benchmark for FFXI from playonline.com and run it in high res mode for me, aa and ansio on and off and stuff. Im looking at giving my 9700 pro to my girlfriend cause she wants to start gaming (remember always be good to yer lady ;-)).

anyway, i just wanna make sure i get an upgrade here at least a little from my 9700 pro. well actually even if its about the same performance thats cool. theres just too many great 5900 ultra deals floating around these days to ignore.

thanks in advance guys.

dan2097
10-30-03, 02:51 PM
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1890&p=8

The fx 5900 ultra and 9700 pro are virtually tied in the benchmark

EDIT: looking at some more results maybe slight advantage 9700 pro although its quite cpu bottlenecked

bkswaney
10-30-03, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by emailthatguy
im lookin at getting a 5900ultra here really soon and im wondering if one of you guys w/ one could download the benchmark for FFXI from playonline.com and run it in high res mode for me, aa and ansio on and off and stuff. Im looking at giving my 9700 pro to my girlfriend cause she wants to start gaming (remember always be good to yer lady ;-)).

anyway, i just wanna make sure i get an upgrade here at least a little from my 9700 pro. well actually even if its about the same performance thats cool. theres just too many great 5900 ultra deals floating around these days to ignore.

thanks in advance guys.

Just make sure sure pays u for the 9700Pro. ;) If u know what I mean. "lol" :D

Yes there r killer deals right now on 5900U's. I just ordered one myself.

Creizai
10-31-03, 07:07 AM
Can i get some links to some of these deals?