PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy servers

marqmajere
10-30-03, 07:23 PM
I know there are people here who play this game. I thought it would be nice to congrigate on the same server for some fun. I'm currently on the Fairy server (no jokes please;) ) but wouldn't have any trouble moving. I'm also trying to collect my friends on the same server. Easier said than done. :p

Nephilim
10-30-03, 08:23 PM
Yeah, easier said than done thanks to that stupid world pass system.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2003/20031030l.gif

Arrghman
10-31-03, 12:01 AM
Actually, it's not that hard at all to circumvent the world pass thing.

When you go to create a character, cancel out of the part where it asks you to associate the character with one of your handles. This'll put you back to the main screen. Go to select character, and you can see which server that character is on. Delete and recreate until you get the server you want.

It's annoying to have to keep doing this, yes, but about 5 of my friends and I have already made it to the same server after no more then 10-15 minutes of doing that and now we can pool our resources to get a world pass for other people. So I think it all worked out rather well :)

marqmajere
11-01-03, 10:29 AM
I guess noone is willing to have me on thier server. That's alright. I swaped servers to Gilgamesh so if anyone is on that one, feel free to drop me a message. White Mage. Name is Marqus.

LiquidX
11-01-03, 11:17 AM
Hey guys how is it, does it play like a traditional RPG? I love FF but that $10 a month is kind of scarey.

GlowStick
11-01-03, 11:24 AM
im tempted to buy it, is it like eq? I get the feeling i will buy it and hate it like i did daoc, swg

Edge
11-01-03, 07:11 PM
$10 a month? I thought it was $13 a month, plus more for any extra characters you have...

Arrghman
11-01-03, 08:35 PM
$13 a month with an additional $1 for each character you have.

Although you can change jobs whenever you want, the only reason to make a new character would be a different race or be on another server.

alielle3
11-02-03, 04:25 PM
I'm on Leviathan =)
Cordre is the name. I'm a RDM Taru but I'm only level 7 ^^;

marqmajere
11-02-03, 07:22 PM
I may end up swaping servers AGAIN. Still can't get hold of my friends. Maybe they said a different server..... I dunno. I'll find them sooner or later. :) On a lighter note, I am fully enjoying this game. The only thing I find idiotic is the friend listing system. Having to exit the game to put someone on said list is, for lack of a better word, retarded.

The Baron
11-02-03, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Arrghman
$13 a month with an additional $1 for each character you have.

Although you can change jobs whenever you want, the only reason to make a new character would be a different race or be on another server.
jesus, it makes SWG look CHEAP

marqmajere
11-02-03, 08:36 PM
Not really. I haven't even thought about starting another character yet. Even if you do, how many toons do you really need? Two? Three? Even crreating 3 you're still paying the same amount as SWG and they only allow one toon PER server. I can see this method of payment catching on pretty quickly and I like it better than Sony's solution with SWG.

Edge
11-02-03, 08:55 PM
I would really like Sony's fee system...IF THEY INCLUDED SWG INTO THEIR ALL-ACCESS CHARGE! They had this great idea, where you can play any of their MMO games (Everquest, Planetside, etc.) for only $22 a month, but of course, SWG with it's $15 EXTRA fee isn't included! It really kinda sucks, I really liked Planetside and I'd be willing to play SWG if I knew I could play it for a decent price, but it's rediculous that you have to pay so much money to play different MMO games, especially when they're all hosted on the same company's servers and when you're playing one you're obviously not playing the other, so it doesn't cost them anything extra.

Ahh well, I might give FFXI a shot one of these days, but usually I wait until the MMOs come down in price a bit before I play them. Then usually they'll fix most of the bugs in the game, too.