PDA

View Full Version : Is there a newer version of.......

The Punisher
11-01-03, 03:40 AM
Coolbits for the new Forceware 52.16 drivers? Maybe a different/updated reg entry for the AGP 1x problem on the FX cards?

P.S : If there is hope for FX's Pixel Shader 2.0 problem in the rumored DirectX 9.1 then may the Force be with u DX team!!!

StealthHawk
11-01-03, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by The Punisher
P.S : If there is hope for FX's Pixel Shader 2.0 problem in the rumored DirectX 9.1 then may the Force be with u DX team!!!

Please read this thread: Discussion ([URL=http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19965)

The gist of it is that the new profile HLSL compiler(which for some God forsaken reason has turned into "DX9.1") is essentially the same as the 5x.xx NVIDIA Unified Compiler.

AngelGraves13
11-01-03, 08:35 PM
so ATI and other cards will benefit greatly from 9.1 also?

digitalwanderer
11-01-03, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by 99 to Life
No, because THERE IS NO 9.1 COMING!!! :rolleyes:

AngelGraves13
11-01-03, 08:53 PM
so why the hell is there a thread on it? :rolleyes:

digitalwanderer
11-01-03, 08:57 PM
Because people are sheep. :p

There is also a good thread on why it's all BS too over here at B3D (http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8779). :)

StealthHawk
11-02-03, 03:25 AM

Did you read my comments? If someone uses the NVIDIA HLSL profile(which was actually included in DX9.0b), which is tuned for NVIDIA cards, you could probably expect lower performance on ATI cards...

Because some idiotic website heard about the PS2_a profile and wrongly assumed that it would require a new DX9 runtime?

digitalwanderer
11-02-03, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by StealthHawk
Because some idiotic website heard about the PS2_a profile and wrongly assumed that it would require a new DX9 runtime?
I've actually been trying to hunt down the source of this rumor and it is a biatch!

Someone from B3D pointed out an Inquirer article from last year that mentions it! :eek:

Oh gods, I just had a strange thought...I should contact M$ about it and get their take on it. (I ain't got any M$ contacts yet...they kind of scare me.)

The Punisher
11-02-03, 10:06 PM
Dudes, I don't think any of the replies answered my question.

The Baron
11-02-03, 10:08 PM
Coolbits for the new Forceware 52.16 drivers? Maybe a different/updated reg entry for the AGP 1x problem on the FX cards?

Well then.

Question 1. No.

Question 2. There is no DX9.1. At least not the ps_2_a thing. That's a summer update to 9.0 (9.0b, I think), and is already there.

EciDemon
11-05-03, 08:18 PM

You could use Rivatuner found at www.guru3d.com
It will let you OC and once you have enabled it in Rivatuner you can actually see the OC window from the drivers too. As if coolbits was activated.

But there is no reason to unistall Rivatuner after that as it lets you access lots of things you have hidden in the drivers. You could also try to force the card to use a higher agp rating from rivatuner, perhaps that would work for you ?