View Full Version : PNY Verto GeForce FX 5200 APG -rolling lines on tv??????? help
11-01-03, 04:07 PM
If anyone knows what might be causing this problem please help. I have scrolling lines on my tv when using as a monitor. I have tried changing the resolution down, I unfortuly, one have never had a card like this to know if this is as good as it gets, and two I don't have another tv to test it on. The tv is a big Sony with Trinitron display. The computer is a 1.5 gigh Sony Vaio 512 ram. This is my only complaint with the card. The tv does work just really anoying and am woundering if I should take it back for a better on that won't do this or can I try some things to fix it? thanks yall
Originally posted by anthonylitz I have scrolling lines on my tv when using as a monitor.
Horizontal whitish bars, not thin lines?
If matches, you have ground loop between computer and TV. Some solutions:
- better power source into computer
- plug tv and computer into the same power socket, preferrably grounded one
- also auxiliarity devices, both for TV and computer, into the same power socket (hifis, dvd etc). You can get the ground loop from anywhere
- unplug antenna cable from tv
- remove the ground loop with galvanic decoupler (galvanic isolator, hum eliminator, whatevet product name used). There is selection for RCA, antenna (antenna cable can also create potential diference) etc connections.
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.