PDA

View Full Version : PNY Verto GeForce FX 5200 APG -rolling lines on tv??????? help

anthonylitz
11-01-03, 05:07 PM
If anyone knows what might be causing this problem please help. I have scrolling lines on my tv when using as a monitor. I have tried changing the resolution down, I unfortuly, one have never had a card like this to know if this is as good as it gets, and two I don't have another tv to test it on. The tv is a big Sony with Trinitron display. The computer is a 1.5 gigh Sony Vaio 512 ram. This is my only complaint with the card. The tv does work just really anoying and am woundering if I should take it back for a better on that won't do this or can I try some things to fix it? thanks yall
Anthony

void
11-06-03, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by anthonylitz I have scrolling lines on my tv when using as a monitor.

Horizontal whitish bars, not thin lines?
If matches, you have ground loop between computer and TV. Some solutions:
- better power source into computer
- plug tv and computer into the same power socket, preferrably grounded one
- also auxiliarity devices, both for TV and computer, into the same power socket (hifis, dvd etc). You can get the ground loop from anywhere
- unplug antenna cable from tv
- remove the ground loop with galvanic decoupler (galvanic isolator, hum eliminator, whatevet product name used). There is selection for RCA, antenna (antenna cable can also create potential diference) etc connections.