PDA

View Full Version : How do I set refresh rates on a dual monitor system

Ravi
11-02-03, 06:27 PM
I have a 19" CRT and 15" LCD running on an GeForce 4 Ti4200. On DirectX games I can set the refresh rates using the option in the drivers. however I recently started playing jedi academy which uses OpenGL. I cannot use the usaul utilties because then my CRT will run great in games...but when I'm back to the windows desktop my LCD will not handle the higher Refresh rates.

Is then any utility to set the refresh rate for OpenGL games?

Clay
11-02-03, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Ravi
I have a 19" CRT and 15" LCD running on an GeForce 4 Ti4200. On DirectX games I can set the refresh rates using the option in the drivers. however I recently started playing jedi academy which uses OpenGL. I cannot use the usaul utilties because then my CRT will run great in games...but when I'm back to the windows desktop my LCD will not handle the higher Refresh rates.

Is then any utility to set the refresh rate for OpenGL games?
Have you tried just setting your refresh rates for each one with just Windows Display Properties? You click on each monitor's icon (labeled "1" and "2"), then go to Advanced and set refresh rates there.

Ravi
11-03-03, 06:55 PM
That works fine for the windows desktop...but I am refering to when I am playing Open Gl games. The game defaults to the lowset refresh rate set at that resolution.

If use a tool like NVRefresh and remove the unwanted refresh rates, then my LCD will no longer function in windows...because the lower reresh rate option is no longer available to it.

Clay
11-03-03, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Ravi
That works fine for the windows desktop...but I am refering to when I am playing Open Gl games. The game defaults to the lowset refresh rate set at that resolution.

If use a tool like NVRefresh and remove the unwanted refresh rates, then my LCD will no longer function in windows...because the lower reresh rate option is no longer available to it.
Gotcha, my bad. :)

Sazar
11-03-03, 07:35 PM
a program like reforce will set each ramdac separately if you want it to depending on your monitor's capabilities... afaik...

I had an easy job since both my monitors were the same... :)

Ravi
11-04-03, 08:19 AM
you have a url for this utility...can't seem to find it on google