PDA

View Full Version : America's Army 2.0 Special Forces released today!

Pages : [1] 2

Red Dog
11-06-03, 05:56 AM
www.americasarmy.com

Like multiplayer shooters?

Want some free eye candy and awesome gameplay?

Download your copy of AA 2.0 today!

screenies,

http://www.americasarmy.com/gallery/

Smokey
11-06-03, 12:55 PM
Any reason I get a stupid popup for user name and password when trying to check out the gallery?

Red Dog
11-06-03, 04:41 PM
strange,

nothings popping up here smokey.

just a slide show of screenies happening. (macromedia flash player 7)

Have you ever tried AA?

If I recall you are a ghost recon fan, so youll prob like aa if you havent.

edit: more screenies here,

http://www.computergaming.com/article2/0,4364,1367153,00.asp

2.0 promo video, http://www.aafiles.com/file.info?ID=20200

http://www.thearmygame.com/pressreleases/SpecialForcesInfoSheet.html

AngelGraves13
11-07-03, 03:44 AM
even with a cable connection...there is no way in hell to download the file! One site you have to download their own peer-to-peer system to obtain it...and I refuse to add junk on my rig! if it's not a direct download, don't bother! I've been trying to find this file all day! It's nowhere...all the servers are full, the one I was downloading from was only going at 19.1 Kbps and it stopped at 84.7 MBs! What the hell? Can I not download it anywhere? I've tried ftps, but ftps never work with IE 6. I'm so pissed, I'm just glad I got to see my girl before going to sleep...she melts my anger into love and I don't care about the file anymore. I'll get it later when it's on a nice server, i.e. nvidia's mirrors..very fast!!

RAY16
11-07-03, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by 99 to Life
even with a cable connection...there is no way in hell to download the file! One site you have to download their own peer-to-peer system to obtain it...and I refuse to add junk on my rig! if it's not a direct download, don't bother! I've been trying to find this file all day! It's nowhere...all the servers are full, the one I was downloading from was only going at 19.1 Kbps and it stopped at 84.7 MBs! What the hell? Can I not download it anywhere? I've tried ftps, but ftps never work with IE 6. I'm so pissed, I'm just glad I got to see my girl before going to sleep...she melts my anger into love and I don't care about the file anymore. I'll get it later when it's on a nice server, i.e. nvidia's mirrors..very fast!!

*cough*

And people think download resuming programs are useless once you get a fast connection.

Red Dog
11-07-03, 07:07 AM
these sites have direct downloads

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=78

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/80000/89806.shtml

good luck, at least I can tell you its deffinately worth the dl.

Smokey
11-07-03, 08:12 AM
Good memory Red Dog, I loved GR + exps. but Im hardcore RavenShield at the moment, just checked world ladder, still in about 120th place in the world :)

I did play AA when it first came out, was a little buggy, namely granade damage. The other problem I had, was none of my clan mates played it either. Im in a new clan now, and I think most of them like all these types of games, so I might see if some of them want to play some of this also.

I just hate the fact that I have to start from the start again :rolleyes:

IGx89
11-07-03, 09:02 AM
This new patch is very worth it; I just completed the first SF training level (got 86% on the test, and guessed on half ;) ), and that level was so detailed I got an average of 20fps -- I get 40fps on the still-very-detailed marksmanship training level! You can also see something really funny if you find the vending machine and look at the soldier there for a minute or so :).

I'm working on the SF Escape and Evade mission right now, and it is quite a challenge.

(I used BitTorrent to download the patch, and I finished downloading it 2-3 hours after the patch first came out; I averaged 40-50kBps. BitTorrent excels in situations like these, when demand overwhelms normal download sites.)

CWB
11-07-03, 11:48 AM
Yay, just f*cking great. I paid $5.95 to download the damn thing from Akamai last night, then find that my game account password is somehow now invalid.

So I go to the website; cant log in there either. Every suggestion theyve posted involves sending an email with a temporary password to the email address I orignally signed up with over a year ago. Problem is, my email address has changed...so I cant get the temp password. So I email the "broken account" address, and of course no response yet.

If they planned to f*ck up everyone's accounts, they should at least have set up an option to log in to your account online USING YOUR USUAL PASSWORD to change the email address and/or password!

Ive never complained about this game since its free, but the only reason I picked Akamai (their official download partner) was because I wanted to: 1) play it last night! 2) Avoid all the problems above posters have mentioned.

AngelGraves13
11-07-03, 04:24 PM
Well I downloaded it from boomtown.net at 71.2 kbps last night...full client. Too bad America's Army has their authenication servers down...so no can log in to play!! Guess we'll have to wait till they're back up.

Red Dog
11-07-03, 05:26 PM
CWB you should be able to log in here an reactivate your account.

http://login.americasarmy.com/

that happened to me also. actualy I think it happened to nearly everyone when the new site came up.

IGx89, im gonna go check out that soldier near the vending machine. lol

Smokey AA has great clan potential because its an awesome game thats free.

everyone can afford it, lol.

that escape and evade mission is a pain in the rump.

the only thing i wish aa had is a benchmark and in game voice comms.

(voice comms are coming soon they say)

CWB
11-07-03, 06:47 PM
Nope, no joy. The only thing I can find is that you request a new temp password be emailed to you to get into your account. I cant do that since my email address has changed! Theyre sending the emails to my old box, which is now defunct.

I cant believe they dont have a temp site set up to handle this bullsh*t. Id be happy to update my email address, change password, etc., if I could just log in for a second USING MY OWN DAMN PASSWORD!

They change it without notice and wont let me back in? WTF? Assh*les.

AngelGraves13
11-07-03, 07:28 PM
Currently, their servers are DOWN! No one can log in to do anything, even the training! It's pointless to try at the moment. Instead of getting pissed, why not make a new account?

Red Dog
11-07-03, 07:29 PM
http://www.openduringfreedom.us/index.php

Bacchus made a few comments regarding the Authorization issues and Forums.

[23:43] lend me your ears.
[23:43] Regarding auth, yes it is up.
[23:44] Traffic is so high (i.e. so many folks are playing) that the load is very, very high on our data servers.
[23:44] We are in the process of upgrading our dataservers.
[23:44] This process will take several days.
[23:45] We are working, and will continue to work, day and night until it purrs like a kitten.

[23:45] Forums.
[23:45] Same thing: we got more than double the expected traffic on our forums.
[23:45] MySQL crapped out on us.
[23:46] We are standing up a new server tomorrow.
[23:46] We expect that forums will be back online by Sunday. Permanently.
[23:46] In the meantime, trust that we are working day - and night - to making everything stable.
[23:47] We think you in advance for your patience, and *obvious* dedication to our game.
[23:47] and our thanks to all our community websites for helping us deliver news in the interim.

AngelGraves13
11-07-03, 07:34 PM
come back later folks...lol

CWB
11-08-03, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by 99 to Life
Currently, their servers are DOWN! No one can log in to do anything, even the training! It's pointless to try at the moment. Instead of getting pissed, why not make a new account?

I tried that too, 99. No luck there either. :)

AngelGraves13
11-08-03, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by CWB
I tried that too, 99. No luck there either. :)

Shouldn't that face be :(

Red Dog
11-08-03, 08:23 AM
It sucks that you guys are running into that problem,

but I can at least tell you its gonna be worth it to see it through.

the sf missions are cool as st. even the escape and evade training mission is cool as hell.

they added alot, even the M9 sidearm for Advanced Marksman. (snipers)
The said for the longest time, NO pistols. But the devs are awesome and respond to the community as long as it stays within their intended mission.

there are a few streams/puddles on the escape and evade mission, I waded through them and the water formed life like waves.
The sky box on that mission is high res, you can use your binnocs to look at the moon in detail. lol.

graphicaly the game is awesome, but i love the gameplay. eaxHD doesnt hurt.

Red Dog
11-08-03, 01:34 PM
you guys might want to try playing if you want to. they lifted the auth servers offline so everyone can play this weekend.

from the aa site,

AA:SF OFF THE CHARTS!

Posted: 2003-11-08 - by Bacchus

Since the release of AA:SF (SFAS) on 6 Nov, we have experienced record-breaking volumes of activity on our official website, servers, and authentication system.
Yes, we were prepared for a rush, but with 2.1 million users, we never anticipated traffic exceeding 4 to 5 times our normal level!
With such a strong show of support for our game, we've decided to open up the doors for you.

To meet this exponential growth in demand, we are adding more (and more powerful) components.

In the meantime, we have lifted Authentication for the weekend, allowing you to immerse yourself in AA:SF without interruption.

While you won't gain any additional experience, you'll be able to explore the vast online SF experience that this recent version delivers to you.

Enjoy your weekend and enjoy AA:SF(SFAS)!

AngelGraves13
11-08-03, 11:26 PM
quite the opposite...their servers are back online and I have yet to complete the other training. The airborne training is nuts! how am I supposed to control that thing and land in the circle? lol..really...turn 90 degrees to the direction you are shifting to. what does that mean? 90 degrees? I was never too bright in math...maybe why I failed 2 years of it in high school and passed the other 2 with a D and C. Damn 90 degrees...what does that mean? 90 degrees of what??

LycosV
11-09-03, 03:30 AM
My account said it's password had expired too, so I logged in and changed the password. The annoying thing now is that I have gone throught the training mission twice (which is painfully long) and both times at the end it tells me I have the wrong password. But the password works in the Personal Jacket section. ARRGGGHH!! Worst part is when the training is over and it tells me wrong password, the window with the error is on a different level in the program so I can't click on it. I have to Alt-Tab, shut down the program, relaunch it and go through training again. A PAIN in the butt. They should have a way to skip past all that crap they tell you and just take the test.

LycosV

vampireuk
11-09-03, 06:45 PM
I flat out refuse to play this game because the Admins suck, the support team suck, and the devs suck. They banned thousands of innocent people who played on THEIR own servers and claimed we played on a server that had cheats on it. Then of course they sat around banning and insulting people in the irc chan who mentioned they had been banned unfairly while harping on about how perfect their anti cheat system is. Myself, I have never once cheated in a online game and I got hit by their retarded software. They eventually caved in after the massive flood of complaints and realised they actually were stupid and the software sucked and reactivated the accounts. I have yet to play since:rolleyes:

IGx89
11-09-03, 07:00 PM
I was having that "invalid password" error too on Friday; but, when I did it again on Saturday morning, it worked fine. Phew :)

99 to Life: 90 degrees is left or right; 180 degrees is behind you. A circle is 360 degrees; that's where it came from. I take it you're not into snowboarding games, either ;)

vampireuk: when was the last time you played? Before they had PunkBuster a few people had problems, but they added PunkBuster a couple months ago and it seems that everyone in AA-related forums loves PB. The PB team is pretty sneaky too; they sometimes purposely wait a few days before kicking people for a particular hack, thus lulling a lot of people into trying out that hack because it's "undetectable" by PB :).

Kain
11-10-03, 07:05 AM
Okay, I downloaded the whole damn file (650MB). But, while it starts to install the game, it just quits and no errors are displayed, it just quits! I try to install again, the same thing happens. WHY??

betterdan
11-10-03, 07:53 PM
Probably a corrupted download.