PDA

View Full Version : NEW EAX 4 drivers for A1 and A2!!!

Pages : [1] 2

malachi1313
11-06-03, 07:40 AM
Go here:http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=15227 Courtesy of Warp2search.net :D

Dazz
11-06-03, 08:30 AM
It doesn't say anything about the Audigy 1 being supported :D
Audigy 2 & 2 ZS is of course.

malachi1313
11-06-03, 08:35 AM
OOPS!!! There is a driver update for the A1 on the front page of their site. :angel:

malachi1313
11-06-03, 08:36 AM
Edited....

jAkUp
11-06-03, 10:42 AM
just installed them, so far so good

Dazz
11-06-03, 10:46 AM
I had a couple of errors pop while installing them but apart from that no problems since :)

saturnotaku
11-06-03, 11:03 AM
No errors upon installation, but I haven't had a chance to test them as I had to leave for work. Will try them later tonight.

One thing I noticed is that it looks like these drivers will install regardless of whether or not you have previous drivers on your system. I know with previous Creative driver updates, you had to install the drivers from your original CD first, then update. Is there someone here who can confirm this? If it's true you don't need the original CD, that's great news, especially for those of us who only install the drivers and none of Creative's bloatware.

jAkUp
11-06-03, 11:10 AM
i hope you dont have to install the original first.. its becoming a real pain to find my cd after a clean format... im scared to death if i lose that thing

saturnotaku
11-06-03, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by jAkUp
i hope you dont have to install the original first.. its becoming a real pain to find my cd after a clean format... im scared to death if i lose that thing

That's why they invented CloneCD. I made a backup just in case, and I would highly recommend you do the same.

Riptide
11-06-03, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by jAkUp
Am I the only one that finds this whole thing to be asenine (having to have the original drivers installed 1st)???

Edit: If you read the page @ the warp link you'll notice it says specifically "With or without drivers". A good think, methinks. :D

saturnotaku
11-06-03, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Riptide
Am I the only one that finds this whole thing to be asenine (having to have the original drivers installed 1st)???

Not at all, but that's been Creative's practice since the days of the SB Live. And if you lose your original CD, you have to pay them like $5 to replace it. It's BS no doubt, but again this is why as soon as I got my Audigy 2 I made a backup copy of the install CD.

Riptide
11-06-03, 12:41 PM
Damnit... This is so silly. It says in the "Notes" section that you have to remove this update before you install any later creative driver updates. How stupid is that?? If I forget to do that next time around, who knows what will happen...

Dazz
11-06-03, 03:06 PM
Didn't even read the disclaimer.

Smokey
11-06-03, 07:27 PM
Better check you have indeed got the latest driver version installed. I updated with these new drivers and in hardware manager, the driver version was still 3.83 Ive since uninstalled my A2 drivers/softawre and reinstalled this new driver and it is now driver 4.41 :) Then just reinstalled AudioHQ etc from the driver cd.

BTW, after installing the new drivers first time, my pc crashed a few times afterwards at random, maybe due to a bad install.

Riptide
11-06-03, 09:32 PM
This is a bunch of poop. I updated as well and my version is still 3.83. WTF? Why do they bother putting this stuff out there when it doesn't work without screwing with it. Looks like I'll have to remove everything and do what the previous poster stated. :rolleyes:

saturnotaku
11-06-03, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Smokey
Better check you have indeed got the latest driver version installed. I updated with these new drivers and in hardware manager, the driver version was still 3.83 Ive since uninstalled my A2 drivers/softawre and reinstalled this new driver and it is now driver 4.41 :) Then just reinstalled AudioHQ etc from the driver cd.

BTW, after installing the new drivers first time, my pc crashed a few times afterwards at random, maybe due to a bad install.

That worked like a treat. Booted into safe mode, uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted again and am presently listening to Winamp. No crashes to speak of...yet.

Sledge
11-07-03, 09:38 AM
I didn't install them in safe mode, but the installation went flawlessly. Creative Labs and flawless in the same sentence. As I have said before, I'm shocked ;)

fasedww
11-07-03, 06:11 PM
When I update to these driver's I looose, eax games light effect, eax games normal effect, is this normal? In the speical fx area.:confused:

PsychoSy
11-07-03, 11:44 PM
I lost quite a bit of sound options in the Surround Mixer. I use the "Heavy Metal" setting and then tweak some of the finer properties of it but with these drivers, setting it to "Heavy Metal" produced no sound whatsoever. I had to make my own custom preset and even then, the bass has lost some of it's punch and, in general, my MP3s sound slightly "watery" (and I'm not using reverb).

Junk. :(

Back to the old drivers asap.

Dazz
11-08-03, 07:00 AM
I noticed that also.

EciDemon
11-10-03, 06:52 AM
Aaah! Finaly *Thank you creative*

Installed the drivers on top of the existing ones (most recent ones) for my Audigy2. Worked perfectly.

Though Ive also noticed that the equalizer presets mutes the sound.
But maybe this will work when the speaker controll is also updated. I saw a screenshot from the software of the new audigy2 ... there you have real equalizer controlls. So these drivers might be like this as they are maybe ment to be used with an updated speaker controll ? (or was it the volume control panel? ... eh dosent matter)
I don't mind as I use the equalizer on my stereo reciver.
Can't wait til the new creative software is released.
-----------

These kinds of updates is what I really like about creative.

Look at the sblive and think about this for a second.
I bought my sblive value when they were first introduced. So I had the card with the old board layout (4.1). I was amazed with Eax. Truly great ;)
Some time later they updated there drivers and added Eax2. Some very nice inprovements. And they did that one more time and gave you eax3.
(I later traded my Sblive value for my friends Sblive player 1024 as he needed the old board layout for his home built front panel. Both cards performs the same and offers the same hardware features)

Im very happy to see that creative continues with this ... moving from Eax Advance HD up to Eax4.
(humm ... did I get this right ... Eax3 and Eax advance HD isnt the same right)

Its kind of like if you buy a gfx card and it will last you several DX updates adding new features... yet on the same card.

Now thats alot of bang for your bux dont you think ?
My old sblive retierd earlier this year and Ive had it since one month after there release. Very long life span ... yet it gave me new features as if I bought a new soundcard :)
And you know what ... the card still sounds better and outperforms lots of recent onboard sound cards ... even new addin cards.
Im still as impressed by the old sblive as I was the day I first experienced it ;)

Ive been using Creatives sound cards ever since Sb16 ... never had any problems with them.

AngelGraves13
11-11-03, 08:53 PM
I can't find the Audigy CD and I have no surround mixer in my Audio HQ. I just installed the drivers and the audiohq update. I installed the update by extracting and running setup instead of the web installer which checks to see what's installed before running setup.

AngelGraves13
11-12-03, 03:26 AM
this sucks big time...the installation CD for my Audigy software is in Spanish!! Why? I feel like throwing the card out now...it's all or none. I can't set up my speakers and have no mixer...I'm in creative hell! Why not just let us download the whole damn program...not just updates. :( Guess I have to go out a buy a new soundcard, give this one away. No software=useless!

EciDemon
11-12-03, 05:04 AM
Yeah, that does suck. But why is your cd in spanish ?

My audigy2 drivers disc is multi language i think. Atleast there are manuals and text documents in lots of languages. All the audigy apps are in english just as I want it *would never want it in swedish even though that is my native language*

The interface of the cd when you run it is in english.

But if your lucky you might be able to find all the content of the drivers disc if you do some searching on google.

Ive found several places that hosted the audigy2 cd content (only the drivers cd ... not the other bundled discs)
Same for my old sblive.

AngelGraves13
11-12-03, 06:14 AM
my dad bought it from a computer show for cheap price. The CD is ALL spanish, even the installion and all the notes and buttons and installing drivers is in spanish too. I installed it and updated to the new drivers and the new drivers were in spanish after that. It's pointless...I searched the CD...there's ONLY SPANISH.