PDA

View Full Version : overclocking?

Farenheit
11-06-03, 10:38 AM
What program is most folks here useing to oc?

I have a pny fx5900 non ultra. Was just doing the "coolbits" registry change before, but with the new driver release that seems to be gone or I could not find it..

Any suggestions?

Gator
11-06-03, 11:16 AM
most people with Nvidia cards I think either use Coolbits (which you say doesnt work anymore) or RivaTuner (http://www.guru3d.com/rivatuner)

Farenheit
11-06-03, 11:28 AM
With other updates my coolbits registry entry always just carried over.. maybe with this version, you have to reapply it. will check it out, and thanks, I thought rivatuner was just an image quality thing.

ChrisRay
11-06-03, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Farenheit
With other updates my coolbits registry entry always just carried over.. maybe with this version, you have to reapply it. will check it out, and thanks, I thought rivatuner was just an image quality thing.

RivaTuner is a god send to video card tweakers :)

Edge
11-06-03, 12:07 PM
I use Rivatuner. In addition to easy overclocking (with 2 mouse clicks you can overclock your videocard) you can tweak practiclly every option with the card, including some secret hidden features that aren't availible normally. It also lets you do true hardware overclocking and low-level overclocking. I'm not sure what the real difference is, but with low-level overclocking there's no screen flicker when you change it like I've seen with some other overclocking methods.

Farenheit
11-07-03, 03:03 AM
Thank you for your help!

I have it oc'd back to that of a fx5900 ultra (450/850) and things seem to run fine!

You were right, two clicks and wham... all done. Great program Riva tuner is.