PDA

View Full Version : Best Detonators for the Ti 4600?

navek
11-06-03, 04:22 PM
The new detonators(52.16) do not work for me at all. In fact, they cause my system to freeze when I attempt to play Wolf-ET or Q3, and they cause terrible difficulties when I attempt to remove them. So, I am wondering whether someone has taken the time to read through benchmark sites and reviews to determine what the best drivers for my Ti 4600 are. I know that I should have immediately purchased a 5950 Ultra, but the past few nVidia products have me a bit concerned about the prospect of spending $500 on one. Please, educate me. I would greatly appreciate the assistance.

digitalwanderer
11-06-03, 04:23 PM
If I recall correctly it's the 30.82 set for 9x/me or the 41.09 set for 2k/XP. :)

navek
11-06-03, 04:39 PM
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Hellfire.SWE
11-08-03, 05:49 PM
I installed the latest Forceware 52.16 and it is totally useless piece of crap, that crashed my computer every time I tried to play Wolfenstein ET, at default speed of cpu gpu & memory.

I had to spend 3 hours, save ghost file with 52.16, then loading ghost file with 44.03 , Why donīt nVidia have a readme file with all games they do support and another one with games they DONīT support in their latest Forceware ? That way it would make it easier for everyone.

The controlpanel is better on 52.16, more stable with transparent desktop when using many applications, like nvDVD and several IE windows, and the much better support for mutiple monitors, but I still have to resort to rivatuner to enter the refreshrates for my monitor, anyway rivatuner is cool. :cool:

How can they get these drivers WHQL certified then they donīt work with last year popular games ? :eek:

Edit: spelling

Hellfire.SWE
11-08-03, 07:58 PM
When you install the latest Forceware and got a pre FX card, like ti4600 or ti4x00 then

Are you ready for

Forceware
http://www.filmup.com/posters/loc/500/shining.jpg
http://www.filmup.com/posters/loc/500/shining.jpg

Forceware and ti4600
http://www.fadeinmag.com/spike/Shining.jpg
http://www.fadeinmag.com/spike/Shining.jpg
Windows XP frozen and dead

you might get more than the usual lockups.

Links to forums with wolfenstein ET lockups

Search the PlanetWolfenstein forum (http://www.forumplanet.com/PlanetWolfenstein/search.asp)

Copy and paste these words
Forceware 52.16

for these links
...Complete freeze up with new Forceware 52.16 drivers
...nVidia 52.16 ForceWare Drivers lock up my ET

and then use the "Search Topics" choice and press "Submit"

Edit: links

nVidi0t
11-09-03, 05:41 AM
The 52.16 Forceware drivers work great with my Ti4600...

P.S Hellfire gayed this thread.

saturnotaku
11-09-03, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by nVidi0t
P.S Hellfire gayed this thread.

You sound surprised.

The Baron
11-09-03, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Hellfire.SWE
How can they get these drivers WHQL certified then they donīt work with last year popular games ? :eek:
What, you mean you still haven't figured out that WHQL means absolutely nothing? I'm shocked and awed.

And the best Dets for Ti4x00 cards are 45.23. Duh.

Hellfire.SWE
11-09-03, 03:00 PM
What, you mean you still haven't figured out that WHQL means absolutely nothing? I'm shocked and awed.

WTF - do you imply that I am still a beta tester for NVIDIA:eek:

The Baron
11-09-03, 03:09 PM
WTF - do you imply that I am still a beta tester for NVIDIA:eek:
No, I am implying that WHQL certification is utterly meaningless and that anyone who tells you otherwise is doing one of two things:

1. Being stupid, uninformed, or brainwashed by PR hype
2. Trying to pimp their products, which are undoubtedly WHQL certified

WHQL certification means nothing for bugs or anything like that. It's just Microsoft being stupid, trying to milk money from vendors, and then vendors jumping on board because consumers are lemmings who think that Microsoft will protect them from crappy drivers and therefore that WHQL drivers are better. Doesn't mean that squat has been beta tested, either by MS or the company.

Hellfire.SWE
11-09-03, 07:06 PM
nVidi0t
The 52.16 Forceware drivers work great with my Ti4600...

Have you tried to run Wolfenstein ET.

nVidi0t
11-10-03, 02:59 AM
nVidi0t

Have you tried to run Wolfenstein ET.

Yup, I play it all the time and it runs fine.

Is there anything else specifically not working with 52.16 with your Ti4600?

PsychoAus
11-10-03, 06:23 AM
Dets 45.23 here on my Asus TI4600 and they are sweet.

navek
11-10-03, 06:12 PM
I was running the 45.23 detonators for a long time, and I never had any problems with them, but I was interested in seeing whether anybody had greater success with some of the older ones. It is my understanding that the latest drivers are geared toward the newest cards. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the forceware drivers only show improved performance on the FX cards.

I love this Baron person's method of self-expression... Whenever the word "duh" is a part of your response to someone's question, the only things that you impart are disrespect and proof that you lack the social skills necessary for participation in any productive dialogue. Pretentious people are almost intelligent enough to realize how ignorant they are.

Blakhart
11-11-03, 12:03 AM
Way I look at it, since the gf4ti cards are dx8, I use a dx8 only driver. They added dx9 stuff from 42xx on, I think. Dx8 is what is in the os too, I don't use dx9.

I use the 4109 and the 4072whcl, the latter being used the most.